Sharing Netflix Ultra-HD Account?

CEO Reed Hastings has spoken openly about customers sharing their monthly subscription with other people:
“We love people sharing Netflix,” said company CEO Reed Hastings at the Consumer Electronics Show.

Is anybody here interested in sharing a Netflix (Ultra-HD) account (CHF 19,90 / 4 people = 5 CHF)?
I just need one stream in UHD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just use a vpn or proxy in the US when you register the first time. You’ll pay 14.92 USD for the rest of your life instead.

Sorry I already am a reseller for netflix

1 Like

Thanks – I know this lifehack – I used my netflix account with a virtual creditcard from Entropay :slight_smile:
I think it’s still interesting to share a UHD Account and save some money.

I found a netflix account sharing solution (https://www.reddit.com/r/NetflixShare/) :grinning:

1 Like

Better Use VPN or Proxy to connect to turkey as it will just be 39.99 TL (CHF 7.6) for the Ultra HD package. Which Netflix offering you get depends entirely on the IP you are connecting from and not where you bought it. So best to always just buy it in the cheapest country.

If you already have an account and you want to switch this 3 simply steps will get you there:

• Cancel your current subscription and wait until it’s canceled
  • Use HOLA (free) or another Proxy/VPN provider to get a turkish IP
  • Go to Netflix page and restart your subscription
    Done :slight_smile:

Personally I wouldn’t share my account with strangers as they will have Full Access to everything.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the hint. I will change this month. At the moment Argentina is 50 cent cheaper than Turkey

1 Like

Lol I love that arbitrage for online services.
Has anyone thought about a similar way for spotify, maybe turkey as well?

I suppose you are already sharing your spotify account with «family members» ?

If somebody is interested in spotify premium account (family member) – i still have one left.

Yes, I’m already sharing with my… Family.
But I’m now wondering… Could you make it even cheaper by buying a family account in turkey or wherever?

I wouldnt share Spotify, last year they tried to crack down on people sharing their account in different locations.

Yeah actually you can. I’m sharing an account with my family in Greece, paying for a subscription 11.99€ per month for the Ultra-HD option.

Using it in CH, I’m getting the content dubbed in German and with German subtitles (that’s the only reason I got Netflix in the fist place, check this extension). While my family that is using it in Greece, they get the content with Greek subtitles, exactly like they wanted.

I suppose the same will be true if you get a Netflix account from Thailand or something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Billing currency depends on location (or vpn) at the moment you sign up
Content (and subs and langages) depends on location while watching

FYI I nowadays use Turkish vouchers from https://www.trendyol.com/ they do cost the 100 TL. I’ve used an address of a random Hotel. One can also apply multiple vouchers.
I think the caveat is that the account has to be created with a Turkish VPN IP or using a service like mtcgame.com who have employees in Turkey that can activate the account for you.

2 Likes

The difference is just huge and I’m astonished that netflix is allowing this. 24.90 CHF vs 3.66 CHF (54.99 TRY) per month for the highest package :joy: :joy:

Well they try hard to prevent people from doing it. In my opinion it’s just milking 1st world countries otherwise the price would be the same world wide. And that’s unacceptable IMHO, if you want globalization then have the same price for everyone. It’s not like I can go and buy a real Rolex in Turkey for 10% of the price neither.

I don’t think price discrimination is going away, it’s a battle tested strategy, prices (esp. when the marginal cost is low) are set based on how much people can afford them, not how much they cost, then the more they’re able to segment the market (e.g. some addon, etc.) the more they’ll be able to do that.

1 Like

I also think price discrimination is an absolute no go and I try to avoid services that do it, but of course, it’s not always possible. Sometimes you can negotiate.

For example, I’m an Economist subscriber and their digital subscription costs 425 CHF per years, in the US it costs around 180 USD. I just don’t see the point why I should pay more than double the price than someone in the US for a purely digital service. Initially, I had a student subscription which was around the US price and after that year I called them and I said that I wanted to cancel the subscription because 425 CHF is too much and I do not want to support this kind of price discrimination.

As a result, they continue to let me have it for the student subscription price and they said they’re working on new pricing models that are more equal across different locations as such pricing doesn’t seem to be popular among their subscribers. So it seems like I’m not the only one who complained.

So just try to negotiate or cancel and tell them why. Won’t probably work with Netflix though :wink:

This is pre-tax I tnink. Who actually has netflix ultra HD in Turkey and what’s the price? I have my Abo in Argentina (formerly the cheapest country) and after tax it’s CHF13.98 currently

I do, 59.99 TL or 3.50 CHF right now.

1 Like
By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/