SBB CFF: Comfort vs Savings?

SwissPass is the card itself, which allow to digitally have a GA or Halbtax depending on what you want, and also other services like Mobility (you can open the car with your SwissPass card when this service is activated). It can also hold an abo for a ski resort etc.

If you only travel from Bern to Münsigen without going anywhere else in Switzerland you might want to consider the multiple-journey tickets that can be cheaper (?)

1 Like

Yes, SwissPass is this red card with RFID chip and various codes (bar, QR) on it. Swiss public transport and many other organizations kind of agreed to use it as a medium for all kinds of tickets.

I also agree that the name is very confusing. You won’t get Swiss pass as easily as SwissPass, and I think there is/was a touristic public transportation ticket also called Swiss(| )pass.

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything on the app, is there a way to get those half price multiple-journey tickets/ermässigte Mehrfahrtenkarte directly from the SBB App ?

1 Like

They are not half price but %10 reduced. You can use BLS app or Öv Plus from Bernmobil. Check here: mylibero

2 Likes

Best option is to live 30 min max from your job. Better life and less costs.

I switched from 1h30 to 25 min and will never go back.

8 Likes

Agree ! I’m actually looking for a job change cause I am losing so much time in commuting every week… even if/when I work 2-3 days from home…

It is just so much convenient to work nearby !

Or find a job that allows you to work at home at least 3 days per week or fully at home.

In full support of that.
There is some actual research indicating that commute time is one of the largest factors of life happiness/satisfaction.
Even if there weren’t, I will never allow myself going above my threshold. :grin:

Personally, more than 15 min bicycle is already too much for me :sweat_smile:
This is enough time to switch off and gives me so much flexibility with organising other chores around worktime (or the other way round).

2 Likes