Revolut - Which card to order?

Hi all

My recent short trip to Austria showed me once more the outrageous fees on my credit card, that’s why I decided to open up a Revolut account. Now I am not sure which card I should order. To my understanding Visa and Maestro are free? What are the advantages / disadvantages of those?

Thanks for helping me out!

There are none besides that they are prepaid so you can not use them for everything. For example car rentals

I personally use the Visa

Also on first use you have to disable a bunch of security settings in the Revolut app because they are pretty locked down.

2 Likes

What did you have to disable?

I think first was ATM withdrawals which was disabled for some reason, then contactless, which was also disabled and the third was online transactions

Those take seconds to enable/disable though, which is pretty cool.

1 Like

Yeah it’s only annoying when you try to make payments and then find out you have to disable them first :wink:

Does anyone have a clue how long I am “locked in” when I order a metal card? Can’t I just get the card for one month, benefit from the lounge pass and higher withdrawal limit in this month and then cancel the “metal-membership”?
Can I keep and continue to use the metal card then?

You are “locked in” for 12 months. You can cancel before for a fee. I don’t think you can keep using the card. downgrade

1 Like

Actually I have been told that you can keep using the card after you downgrade without any problem (until the card expires or you loose it/cancel it yourself)