We plan to RE in 3 years. By then, we should both have our C permits. We will be 50/55 y.o by then. We are unsure in which country to retire in the longer term. For now, the plan is to reside still in Switzerland, travel for three years and then find our place to settle down. Our questions:
- Do we need to declare ourselves as retired or it an option to be listed as unemployed? There is always the scenario that we wish to get back to work if we hate ER…
- Will Switzerland allow us to keep an address here while travelling (I assume we still pay AHV and health insurance here?)
- Can we be in trouble if our Swiss permanent address is not where we spend our time (as we are travelling abroad in various countries)? Tax implications?
- Do you need an actual apartment or is there a cheaper solution - we just need an address not a home for these 3 years, rent seems wasted?
- Any idea of which health insurance one must have for such a plan? 6) is any of this canton dependent?