Refund of the withholding tax on payments by pension funds


I’m planning to leave CH to a country that allows early pension fund withdrawal. That country also happens to have a double tax treaty with CH and foreign pension fund income/lump sum will not be taxable there (due to the type of visa I will be holding).

This brings me to an interesting situation but I’m not sure how to implement it yet.

  1. I think I should withdraw pillar 2 after I have left CH and have taxes withheld.
  2. I can then apply for a refund of this withholding tax using the form below

Has anyone ever tried this and has gotten it to work?