New Moderation Policy

I meant to have more moderators not for patrolling, but to have access to rights that would let them to be able to clean up, like splitting and merging topics.

Well, actually there is a way to give people these rights without making them mods. We can promote you from a Regular (trust level 3) to a Leader (level 4). Users at trust level 4 can…

• Edit all posts
  • Pin/unpin topic
  • Close topics
  • Archive topics
  • Make topics unlisted
  • Split and merge topics
1 Like

Perfect! I volunteer for now to do cleaning.

4 Likes

You have to enable it in your profile, in settings, user.

1 Like

I did block him but I still see the reply of other that pollute some threads. It will be interesting to hide some political threads as well

For what it’s worth I agree with the new moderation policy.
I’m also glad that the consensus seems to be to not ban people before they’ve had the chance to adopt to the new rules.

Click you avatar on top right,
then select the small person shape,
then preferences
then Users
and finally click Add

1 Like

As many of you noticed in the Quality of Discussions Thread, the [COFFEE] initiative was a failure. Here are the new updated policy, as of August 2022.

New forum moderation policy:

1. Be civil. All conversation on this forum is expected to be civil. Rudeness, personal attacks, condescension, shaming, and provoking are just some of the multitude of examples of behaviors that are not acceptable. Any behavior, comment or post that does not meet the requirement of being civil will be removed. Repeated failure to follow this rule will result in a ban.
  2. This forum is about personal finances, early retirement, financial independance and quality of life improvement (“life hacks”). Topics should drive discussion. All top level posts are expected to be about these topics, with discussion being the main goal of this forum. Posts that do not help drive discussion will be removed. If you are wondering what kind of discussion fits in the “quality of life” category, threads like this one are actively encouraged.
  3. No gender or politics. This is not the place to discuss or debate anything regarding gender or politics. There is a distinction between politics and policy. Any discussion that is, turns, or becomes partisan or political will be removed. Discussion of serious legislation or proposals is allowed if the topic stays on policy, not politics. For example - “Ramifications of this new tax plan and new brackets on FIRE” is ok (mainly because it should result in actionnable advices). “Why my candidate and/or my political views are the best” is not. These topics are all off limits due to the forum as a whole not being able to discuss them in a civil way. Repeated violations will result in a ban.
12 Likes