3a solution from Finpension

When retiring early, you get a vested benefits account. You can completely officially tell you PK to send the money to two different vested benefit accounts (split). Just make sure they are at different foundations.

A vb account will not automatically trigger payment when you reach 65.

2 Likes

No you can actually ask your pension fund to split it in 2 once you leave your last employer.

2 Likes

You can have multiple accounts (or “portfolios”, if you prefer the term), which can be seen an administrated under the same user account and login.

Each does have its own portfolio composition though.

3 Likes

Viac opens 5 portfolios for you automatically, am I right?

In VIAC you have to create an account 5 times, and if I remember well, have to go through the list of questions each time, but it’s just a few clicks. Not possible to open 5 accounts in one shot. Once you create the first account, it’s quite quick to create the 4 remaining, something like 10mins.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this! I will have a look as soon as I find the time. Cheers

@MrRIP I have seen that the questions have already been answered in the Forum. I just wanted to add one comment: We create a risk profile for each portfolio, as the investment horizon can vary for each portfolio (e.g. in the case of a planned advance withdrawal for home ownership). The other questions from the risk profile are related to loss management and financial knowledge and are recorded at client level. A modified answer to these questions will therefore update all existing risk profiles.

Kind regards

11 Likes

So you’re self employed today, and you plan to never be employed for the rest of your working life?
Or… are you early retired in Switzerland?

Thank you so much for your answer, it makes sense.

1 Like

No I’m still working. But after my last day I’ll ask my pension fund to split it up.

2 Likes

Is the split defined by the obligatorisch & über-obligatorisch parts (i.e. for most people that’ll be about 80:20 or 70:30) , or can you choose any split you’d like (typical choice would then most probably be 50:50)?

You can split 50:50.

(I’m not sure if you can split between mandatory and non-mandatory part. Though I think I have reversely seen such from AXA as payment instructions for incoming transfers into some of their pension funds).

1 Like

Hi! Very interesting topic, I’m definitely thinking about a switch from VIAC towards finpension…just a quick question that I look and didn’t find an answer for : does someone have an idea about the costs of the switch?
I mean, they would probably sell everything on VIAC and rebuy everything in Finpension…no?

For me, the cost difference in ongoing costs is too small to make up for the cost of a transfer.

Being out of the market for a month is already around 0.5% lost expected return plus a decent portion of uncompensated risk.

4 Likes

Below some screenshots from my first experience with finpension. The trades correctly occurred on 02.11.2020. Please note that it took around 3 days to update the information in the app.

4 Likes

Wow, pretty cool and a lot of details that Viac is missing! Sectors and Top10 holdings for example.

Yes. Another reminder not to invest in Apple Inc. with my “play money” :joy:

1 Like

Here’s mine. I went full SPI Extra thinking it would be Chocolate, Medtech & other niche Techs.
The App shows 28% banking & 17% insurance :roll_eyes:
This is clearly not what other sources show for this fund.
I don’t understand why it says 7% Partners Group, they are in the SMI since mid September. I understand that funds don’t instantly adjust such holdings, but End Sept already they are not on the Fact Sheet from CS for this fund any more.
Maybe @finpension could make a statement here. Are you using “old” index % values for the app calculations?

1 Like

It takes 3 days because CS funds are settled only after 2 or 3 days (It’s the same for Valuepension)

2 Likes

Hi rolandinho,

Many thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, CS is not yet prepared to offer us a direct data feed for allocations into our system (but should be available in a few months). Therefore the data is currently still being prepared for us by CS in a structured file and delivered with a delay. Since there have been major shifts in SPI Extra and SMI, we will update the data as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
your finpension-Team

6 Likes

Hello @finpension ,

Why are you using the following fund: “CSIF (CH) III Equity World ex CH ESG Blue” and not the “pension version” CSIF (CH) III Equity World ex CH ESG Blue - Pension Fund ZB (CH0337393745) like for Valuepension? I’m not really happy about that because the dividends will be taxed. I thought wrongly that you would use the same fund as Valuepension.
Also, no sure to understand the transaction, the NAV of the fund is the following, but the asset price of the transaction was 1073.30 on the 2. november.

04.11.2020 1090.33
03.11.2020 1072.44
02.11.2020 1059.02
30.10.2020 1040.92
29.10.2020 1046.79

EDIT: I assume it’s the Subscription spread of 0.08 (1072.44*1.0008=1073.298)