Neon-bank fee free worldwide

Sumup: 1.5% for debit cards.

I don’t see it so much as a manifestation of company values but (the green card/price plan) rather a specific product tailored to a certain target demographic.

Like other payment cards with bonus programmes.

That is correct, debit cards are cheaper. However, not much people pay with it when I get the Transaction cost report.
Twint is actually pretty well accepted. I was surprised myself how common it is. (as I am a non user)

Interesting points, thank you for taking the time. Especially the quoted one, never seriously thought about it.

The whole topic is indeed based on very subjective opinions. I personally do not care about the color or brand of a card; I personally am one of the platinum users, but not to show off :slight_smile: (and neon only abroad, and there the people do not know neon, I highly assume. Neon is too small to be known abroad. But even if I pay in Switzerland with it, I couldn’t care less about one’s opinion). I have used Revolut earlier but the main reason I swiched to neon is, that the jurisdiction is in Switzerland and - in my eyes - neon has the most similar pricing as Revolut.

If you want to judge someone based on the card he uses or the shirt he is wearing, this is completely fine and your right. I would be interested, in how many cases you would be right with your assumptions, if someone who uses neon for one transaction is “woke”, broke or whatever :smiley:

But I am with you, CSX is in fact one of the bank account (packages) which has to be mentioned every time, when one is asking for a recommendation. It is up to them, to evaluate for themselves, if it is in the end CSX, Zak, neon or another account.

Same is true for me on CSX.
I guess that’s fine as we are different people with different views.

1 Like

I have never used CSX. However, what makes me still stay with Revolut is actually the app itself. it’s true it’s not perfect and the UK law is a risk, charging CHF is not straight forward, but again the App itself the UI and AI are from my non-tech standpoint just top notch. I was so impressed how they handled my travel to the US this spring. They froze the card as renting a car in the US did not match my profile but with one click I could de-freeze the card and confirm that I did that transaction. A similar point occured by driving into Italy into a toll station first time since Covid where they asked for confirmation.

If CSX do have a competitive app I could fall for them as the Neon app is ok but in my opinion way inferior to Revolut

Just my experience: When I was signing up with Neon, they ran a campaign where women got a 30 CHF sign-up bonus and men 10 CHF. Which of course is clear discrimination / sexism. Just the generally accepted kind, i.e. if you discriminate against men everyone applauds. But I don’t accept any sexism against anyone and I don’t think anyone should. Which is why I don’t like Neon and their values.

To be fair, they answered my complaint very nicely and explained they have a customer gender imbalance and had been trying different things to correct this. Fair enough, but that nobody at their bank balked at discriminating men speaks volumes. I got my 30 CHF sign-up bonus in a different way, otherwise I’d not opened my account at all. But give me a comparable offering from a non-woke bank and I’d be gone.

As for UX, I like the design of CSX much more, but I haven’t used either account enough to really compare.

3 Likes

?

I have a CH IBAN for my Revolut CH wallet since forever (i.e. 2017)

yes, you are right, it is shared and you need the account reference in the payment description (similar to IB)

That’s called a brokerage/common account, not your personal IBAN.

1 Like

Clear but the OP did wrote ‘no CH-IBAN’ and not ‘no personal CH-IBAN’

1 Like

Where is this offer from here? Seems it has evaporated :frowning:

2 Likes

Private account: Privatkonto für Ihre persönlichen Bankgeschäfte in CHF
Savings account: Unser Sparkonto mit kostenloser Kontoführung

If you like, you can get for free a “Kundenkarte”, which can be only used at ZKB ATM to withdraw and pay in money. It is not actively advertised :slight_smile:

The credit cards in my opinion are not very attractive, I would stay with Cashback from Swisscard or something similar.

2 Likes

thanks - but for the 1CHF account you don’t get a card, so that’s a no-go.
for 50 a year I might as well just go to UBS.

I personally pay with credit card only. Debit card costs too much and comes with no benefits.
With the credit card I get at least 1% cashback or 2.4miles per CHF.

The Visa debit card by ZKB costs CHF 40. Or take a package for CHF 5 per month, still cheaper than UBS.

1 Like

Raiffeisen with the “sociétaire” status is a good one. CHF 40 for the card but you get benefits like 50% ski or museum for free and no other fees.

1 Like

not yet available in Zürich :frowning:

1 Like

https://www.raiffeisen.ch/zuerich/de/privatkunden/konten/zahlungskonten/privatkonto-plus.html

About Raiffeisen: They are planning to give MemberPlus status even without Card, that’s what they told me, but I didn’t see anything online yet.
It should be an App. Weird. They value an app more than 40chf per year per person?

3 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: [COFFEE] Bar fight about woke culture

I’ve been using this 1CHF account for a while. My setup is: 1CHF ZKB account + free ZKB Kundenkarte for cash at ZKB ATM + free swiss credit card for card payments in CH (haven’t been using it recently) + revolut for card payments in CH as well.

3 Likes