N26 launch in Switzerland

I have been doing the same with Revolut. It works fine so far.

Why with revolut? Is there a difference ?

A: DKB, B: N26

You just need to have 700€ incoming into your DKB Giro Account from outside DKB. Doesn’t matter from where and how much is going out.

Doesn’t matter, I previously also used Revolut as “B”. But now I use N26 because it has a Web Interface. You can also use a Swiss € account if you have free SEPA.

Nice. I still don’t see a reason to switch though. (apart for the nightmare stories of Revolut).

How’s the exchange rate?
Anyway it would be a DKB+N26 combo.

Revolut is still best for forex, with live interbank rate during the week. Others have MC/Visa daily rate if spending with card (might be better on weekends) But I don’t store any money on Revolut apart from what I plan on spending relatively soon. (e.g. holidays)

Since they are free I simply use all of them. The only downside is that it’s not a minimalist approach. But I live in minimalist way when it comes to my physical life, my digital life can be complex if I benefit from it.

Revolut: Mostly best forex (interbank rate), limited free cash withdrawal
DKB (Aktiv): Unlimited free € cash withdrawal, Unlimited free all currency cash withdrawal worldwide at Visa Rate, 0.2% interest on € Tagesgeldkonto, Visa Creditcard (not debit)
N26 (Business): Cashback on € spending, 5x free Euro cash withdrawals

As you can see all three have their use cases.

Soo.
Withdrawal world: Revolut until you are over 200, then DKB
Withdrawal europe: Revolut until you are over 200, then DKB
Spending world: Revolut,
Spending europe: N26

complex.

Yes. But I usually withdraw my Euros with DKB or N26 right away as I exchange them via Revolut anyway.

As said, I currently have both N26 (free) and Revolut. In this situation, the only slight advantage I see for N26 is for cash withdrawals abroad, where:

• Revolut has 200 Eur/month included and 2% markup above that threshold
  • N26 (free) has unlimited amount with 1.7% markup

Apart from this I don’t see further advantages. I’m still deciding if these 0.3% difference is worth keeping both (If I assume to withdraw 2k on holiday the saving would be 6 Eur)…:thinking:

I barely withdraw 6 EUR per day abroad. I pay EVERYTHING with revolut.

Yes of course it really depends on where you are and how the situation is related to CC acceptance.
I often spend holidays in places where cash is still necessary.

Depends on where you go, good luck with card in many countries in South America, Africa and Asia.

1 Like

0.1% Cashback if you picked the “business” option when signing up for N26. Business is 1:1 the same but with cashback. Not a lot, but if we are splitting Rappen, lets do this properly. :wink:

1 Like