My story, my mistakes. How to fix them?

I’m wondering, how are you doing 6 months later?

3 Likes

Hi everyone, sorry for the long absence.

I am writing to update you on my situation, although not much has changed.

Last year our son is born. It really is a wonderful experience.

Here are the changes for 2023

• my wife starts a new job (60% salary, 42k CHF/year)

• my salary has increased to 79k CHF/year (family allowances and inflation compensation)

• I asked the Property Manager to sell my property in the USA (I estimate a loss of 30k, I am angry and very disappointed about this)

If my wife’s new job goes well, I will also try to change jobs. The goal is to find a job with > 100k/year pay (advice on which profession is welcome :wink: ) I’d like to work in real estate.

That leaves the idea of buying a house here in AG. I hate living in a flat, plus at the moment the topic of investments is off-limit due to bad experiences so far.

If we manage to buy a house there remains the idea of opening a third pillar for both me and the wife (Finpension 100 - 6883 CHF/year).

My net worth at the moment:
56k CHF cash in the bank account (unused)
80k CHF US real estate (-30k loss estimated)
26k CHF 2 pillar (50% stocks, 25% bonds, 25% real estate in Switzerland, 5% interest)
10k CHF car (no leasing)
5k CHF Genossenschaftskapital (1.25% interest)
Total 147k CHF

That’s all for now.

4 Likes

Any point in waiting for a moment where you could sell it for 110k?

1 Like

I understand that the 80K was before taking any loss into account. The property would sell for 50K.

2 Likes

I think so too.
Then again, it could be part of the scam…

1 Like

Thank you for following.
I am sorry for your losses.

When reading your previous investments, you may have a bias for exotic investment.

A good strategy could start small with classic investments (spare money into VT within IB).

2 Likes

It looks to me that you have made progress with carrying out your plan (bolded are additions of mine):