Mustachian term life insurance

With Vaudoise I pay a fixed premium of around 1200 francs per year with Vaudoise for 500,000 francs constant benefit and a 25-year term. So around 30k over the full term.

In my case (age difference maybe?) the same insurance with SafeSide would total 36,674 francs according to the moneyland.ch comparison.

In your case SafeSide would seem to be the better deal.

Bâloise can adjust the premiums (the premium increments, that is) after 5 years. You can choose to terminate your insurance when premiums are adjusted, but that could be a bad move if your health has deteriorated or occupational/personal hazards have increased in the meantime.

If you want complete control, then a fixed premium life insurance might be a better fit.

I pay the same amout each year, but I do not intend to pay for the entire period. At one point it will be no longer worth it.

so safe side got back to me with with 1301 CHF per year (fixed) for next 28 years (I’m 36 currently). The natural premium will start at 400 and go all the way to 3000+ in year 28.
In total it’ll be ~ 35K CHF either ways. But the natural premium will cross fixed premium (1300) in the 18th year! I may not need the insurance cover after 18-20 years. And if I feel the need then, I could keep paying till 65 .

Now, if the numbers that gave me for increasing premium (28 numbers for 28 years) are set in stone (i asked them again) then I might just go with increasing premium.

So I got the quotes from Safeside (Baloise Secure Plan), Vaudoise (PLANOprotect), and Generali (Prevista). All of them cover death. Additionally, Baloise covers disability (which is payable in EU countries too), which may be useful since my wife and child are EU citizens, and we could, theoretically move to EU, if we need to!

Now the question: Is this disability pension meaninful? (given 1st and 2nd pillar both contain disability benefits)

Following is the german text from conditions of Baloise secure plan (and its english translation from google translate). But its still is not clear to me, what it means in practice!

For reference, my disability benefits (with my current job) ~ 60K CHF per year.

German text

Hat die versicherte Person im Rahmen der privaten Vorsorge (3. Säule) bei einem oder mehreren in- oder ausländischen Privatversicherern, inklusive der vorliegenden Versicherung, Erwerbsunfähigkeitsrenten bei vollständiger Erwerbsunfähigkeit von mehr als 36000 CHF pro Jahr versichert, erfolgt für den diesen Betrag übersteigenden Teil eine Rentenkürzung gemäss den nachstehenden Bestimmungen, ansons- ten erfolgt keine Rentenkürzung:

• Bei versicherten Personen, die bei Eintritt des versicherten Ereig- nisses voll erwerbstätig sind, ist nach Ablauf einer 24-monatigen Wartefrist die Höhe der zu erbringenden Erwerbsunfähigkeits- rente, unter Berücksichtigung und Anrechnung des Erwerbs- einkommens nach Eintritt der Erwerbsunfähigkeit (Eink. 2) und aller sonstigen Arbeitsunfähigkeits-, Erwerbsunfähigkeits- und Invaliditätsrenten oder Taggelder von in- oder ausländischen So- zial- oder Privatversicherungen, unabhängig von der versicherten Rentenhöhe in der Police auf 100% des gemäss EU3 massgebenden Erwerbseinkommens vor Eintritt der Erwerbsunfähigkeit (Eink. 1) beschränkt.

• BeiversichertenPersonen,diebeiEintrittdesversichertenEreignis- ses nicht voll erwerbstätig sind, ist nach Ablauf einer 24-monatigen Wartefrist die Höhe der zu erbringenden Erwerbsunfähigkeitsrente, unter Berücksichtigung und Anrechnung des Erwerbseinkommens nach Eintritt der Erwerbsunfähigkeit (Eink. 2) und aller sonstigen Arbeitsunfähigkeits-, Erwerbsunfähigkeits- und Invaliditätsrenten oder Taggelder von in -oder ausländischen Sozial- oder Privatversi- cherungen, unabhängig von der versicherten Rentenhöhe in der Po- lice auf 100% des gemäss EU3 massgebenden. Erwerbseinkommens vor Eintritt der Erwerbsunfähigkeit (Eink. 1) beschränkt, zuzüglich des Anteils der übrigen Tätigkeit in Prozenten multipliziert mit 36 000 CHF.

• Bei versicherten Personen, die bei Eintritt des versicherten Ereig- nisses nicht erwerbstätig oder in Ausbildung sind, ist nach Ablauf einer 24-monatigen Wartefrist die Höhe der zu erbringenden Er- werbsunfähigkeitsrente, unter Berücksichtigung und Anrechnung aller sonstigen Arbeitsunfähigkeits-, Erwerbsunfähigkeits- und Invaliditätsrenten von in- oder ausländischen Privatversicherun- gen, auf insgesamt 36 000 CHF beschränkt.

English Translation (from google translate)

If the insured person has insured a disability pension for total disability of more than CHF 36,000 per year with one or more domestic or foreign private insurers, including this insurance, as part of the private provision (3rd pillar), a payment will be made for the portion in excess of this amount Pension reduction in accordance with the following provisions, otherwise there is no pension reduction:

• For insured persons who are fully employed when the insured event occurs, after a 24-month waiting period the amount of the disability pension to be paid, taking into account and offsetting the earned income after the inability to work (income 2 ) and all other work incapacity, disability and disability pensions or daily allowances from domestic or foreign social or private insurances, irrespective of the insured pension amount in the policy, to 100% of the earned income according to EU3 before the incapacity for work occurs (income 1) limited.

• Persons insured who are not fully employed when the insured event occurs, after a 24-month waiting period has expired the amount of the disability pension to be paid, taking into account and offsetting the earned income after the occurrence of the disability (income 2) and all other disability, disability and Invalidity pensions or daily allowances from domestic or foreign social or private insurances, regardless of the insured pension amount in the policy, to 100% of the applicable EU3. Income from work before the onset of incapacity for work (income 1) is limited, plus the proportion of other work as a percentage multiplied by CHF 36,000.

• For insured persons who are not employed or in training when the insured event occurs, after a 24-month waiting period the amount of the disability pension to be paid, taking into account and taking into account all other disability, disability and disability pensions from domestic or foreign private insurances, limited to a total of CHF 36,000.

Hi reviving this thread as I am currently trying to fight off my Mortgage broker from Swiss life who pushes 3a life insurance like there is no other solution, but I just want to get a separate life insurance for my non working wife and a new born child.

Did you understand the below terms and conditions. For me it is not clear as well. Did you get disability benefit in the end for your self ?

In the end I went with only term life insurance (without disability) with Generali, fixed for next 20 years. So for disability cover I depend on 1st and 2nd pillar disability benefits.

2 Likes

If anyone interested.

I followed @Daniel advice and checked out safe side.

I subscribed to a 500k premium for 15 years period (constant amount across the period) for 320 chf / year = total policy cost a little more than 5k (approx 1% of the premium). It does not coverage disability as my pension fund does.

Did anyone try Square life insurance ? The seems to be half the price in premiums compared to Baloise and Voudoise for the same coverage. For 400 000 CHF Coverage for 20 years, Baloise would charge 25 CHF a month, Voudoise 33 CHF, and Squirelife only 15, and if you go tho their direct website its 10.3 CHF. Seems too good to be true :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I saw it but I have seen that VIAC is now offering one for 20-23CHF/month (depending on age and gender). I know there is a dedicated thread for this but it looks like we have another alternative now.

Oh wow, have you seen, they also provide mortgages now, your comment is genius !! I am urgently looking for one now.

Yes I will take a look as they just released it! Regarding Life insurance, it seems to be the most competitive in the market.

Have a look at this old post, which raised some real concerns about Squarelife.
I don’t know if they’ve addressed some of these points in the last couple of years: