Mustachian Introduction - Pol

Hello Mustachians,

here I am with a short introduction to the forum. First of all, I would like to thank you all for the incredible amount of information you provide, it is really helpful and it pushes people to think about the future or at least to manage money in a better way.

So: I am 29 years old, coming from Italy and working in Switzerland for a couple of years. After months of reading blog articles, watching financial videos and listening podcasts, I decided that 2020 was the year I was starting investing in the stock market. Not a smart decision maybe… because of the all-time highs, but well… :slight_smile: I do not regret it because I finally started investing and I know my time horizon is at least 10-15 years.
I am using IB and my investing philosophy is basically keeping a lazy portfolio/boglehead with low TER for the long term, I am not into stock-picking (i like reading financial news but I would rather spend time to increase my knowledge and therefore be more attractive into the job market so that to increase my saving rate and my ETFs investment).

My portfolio is pretty simple, in January I started with buying 25k of VT and I am dollar cost averaging every week. I am reading that having VT above 60k is not good and above 60K you should invest in VWRL, could someone explain to me the reason if possible?

I also think that VT or VWRL is not diversified enough because not representing emerging markets, is anyone balancing the VT/VWRL somehow? which percentage do you use in case? I am willing to pick EIMI in case…

I am also unsure if I should hedge my VT ETF with a swiss stock domestic ETF just to be safe with currency, at the same time having my salary, 2nd and 3rd pillar in CHF does not incentivize me. Would be good to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

Happy Sunday to everyone! take care :smiley:

1 Like

welcome @Mr.Pol

This is not an issue for the “standard” investor, it has been discussed several times, have a look here

VT indeed represents EM, it covers 10.3% EM as per 29.02.2020, have a look at Vanguard factsheet

1 Like