Mortgage contract uncertainties

Just got the contracts for a new mortgage.

I only read the “Finanzierungsrahmenvertrag für Darlehen (indirekte Sicherstellung)” so far and I already have a couple of itchy questions. I am asking them to the bank but I wonder if someone here could help me understand.

First point:

Im Rahmen des Gesamtbetrages werden unter anderem das Produkt, die Laufzeit sowie die übrigen Konditionen gemeinsam vereinbart und von der Bank in der Produktvereinbarung schriftlich bestätigt. Ohne Widerspruch innerhalb von fünf Bankwerktagen nach Zustellung durch den Vertragspartner oder bei vorheriger Benützung des Produkts gilt die Produktvereinbarung als akzeptiert. Widerspruch kann nur erhoben werden, wenn der Vertragspartner nachweist, dass die schriftliche Produktvereinbarung in wesentlichen Punkten von der mündlichen Vereinbarung abweicht. Der Vertragspartner hat kein Recht auf Widerruf der mündlichen Vereinbarung.

Above I read that the contract is valid after 5 days, even if I don’t sign it? I must misunderstand, right?

Second point, in the list of reasons for which the contract can be terminated, I read:

- ein sonstiger wichtiger Grund eintritt.

Who decides what is an important reason to cancel the contract? This I find hard to accept and I am asking them to remove it or make it more specific.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

This sounds like it’s for a written confirmation of an oral agreement. I.e., if you agree orally, you can’t cancel the contract unless the written confirmation doesn’t match the oral agreement.

2 Likes

Thanks. The bank said it’s for specific products, after I have accepted the main “frame” contract. So if we agree on a new product orally (or by mail) and they send me the confirmation paper, after 5 days is considered accepted.