Military Service Exemption Tax

Cortana is already a female name :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? How so? You get taxed seperately (1/5 of income tax) if you withdraw 2nd/3rd pillar?

1 Like

I’m not sure if they punished me for a buy-in and then withdrawal but I certainly got an updated tax bill (afaik a rather low amount, probably the 1/5) and subsequently an updated military service bill (as if the 2nd pillar money was full income) on one of the amounts I took out (~58k CHF). I believe to recall that it was the 2nd pillar withdrawal.

You should think of getting first the swiss cititenship, then marry her. Otherwise she won’t be eligible for “Erleichterter EinbĂŒrgerung”.

Unless she’s Swiss and then he can apply to the simplified procedure!

1 Like

I lied my way during recruitment saying that I could speak very good German - the ticinesi guy recruiter had such a bad level of German he could not verify.
My German level was hochdeutsch from public school.
Ended up Uebermittler in Luzern in a all-swiss-german speaking section.

First two weeks, I couldn’t even distinguish if somebody was speaking German or Swiss German. Yep I was that bad. I feared asking to speak Hochdeutsch because I was afraid to offend people that maybe were already doing the effort and I didn’t recognize it.

10 months later, i was 15k chf richer and learned to speak Swiss German. Which has been an enabler for my career. And no tax!

3 Likes

I had a job interview some 10y ago at Bern, a job at the federal government. They actually asked me about my service 
 and i am not even a citizen. So i guess it might still help you in case you want to work for the government.

Sorry, my bad. She is swiss :slight_smile: It’ll be me applying for the “erleichterte EinbĂŒrgerung”

1 Like