Married mustachians - how do you manage your finances? [2022]

It’s not free. It’s not clear how much it will cost though.Check the cga.

How do you know?

It’s in the CGA. Check at the bottom of the email, there is a link to the PDF where they highlight the changes.
Mine is in italian:

Thank you!

The english version:

The «neon joint account» is a paid service offered by neon; a prerequisite for a «neon joint account» is that both account holders have a
separate contractual relationship with neon and with Hypothekarbank Lenzburg AG.

1 Like

We have completely separate accounts and just sent TWINT / Revolut requests to split costs.

I’m tempted to get a joint account to simplify, but somewhat reluctant due to:

• Extra costs
  • Extra thing do deal with on tax return
  • Having to check to make sure an account is funded enough

Not sure if the hassle saved with sending split requests is going to be replaced with hassle on opening a new account and keeping it funded.

I pay 36 CHF per year for the UBS personal account. But just noticed since they ‘upgraded’ my card to a Mastercard, I’m now paying 50 CHF for that (instead of 25? for the Maestro)! I guess I can downgrade it to the customer card and save 40 CHF per year.

I guess the family banking packages costs 4CHF more each compared to having separate Personal accounts.

I find it understandable (they need money), but still odd that Neon will offer a paid joint account. With ZKB offering free accounts, I am not sure why anyone would switch to a paid account. Staying with a paid account, ok, avoiding the hassle of switching, but if you are switching anyway, why switch to a paid account if you could have basically the same thing for free? Granted, I don’t know if joint accounts are free at ZKB, but still.

UBS hate this trick:

Their Basic credit cards are still free (if you make 24 purchases each year, after the first year).

1 Like

Joint accounts are free at ZKB.
I needed a long time ago a joint account with low costs. Since ZKB has waived the fees, I will stay with ZKB and I am not sure, if we will open a joint account with neon, now.

2 Likes

neon joint accounts won’t be free BTW.