Looking for exotic ETF

Hi guys :slight_smile:
I would like to invest in the ITEQ ETF, which is the one from israel. I could not find it in Degiro. Any idea where I could find it ?

Also, Im interested in some from China, I found this one the CHINA A50 which is the best 50 A rated company for this country. I found a ticker similar in degiro, but not sure if it is the one : Xtrackers FTSE China 50 UCITS ETF
Could you please confirm if it this one.

Finally, generally speaking, what is you opinion on investing on those one if on top of those, I’ll invest in VWRL or VT and the swiss one : UBS ETF

Thanks for your answers :slight_smile:

Israel is a growing country on a differents topics. I believe in their strengh as they are world leader on some. Therefore, I d like to give it a penny.

Swiss ETF "UBS ETF (CH) SMIM (CHF) A-dis : the one said by mustachian. But I have transfered my money on degiro already. Now, I’m waiting to find the product that that please me the best before pressing buy button. So this one could still change

Why invest in an index of 30 companies that represents 11% of swiss market ?

IBKR, since it’s US based.

EU brokers are not going to bother about offering it due to PRIIPS restrictions.

Yes, I have aswered just after. I am honnestly not on the page for this topic. I must investigate to find the best Swiss ETF. If you have any suggestion, I am all ear :slight_smile:

So, this ETF is on IB, is it what you are saying ?
What does mean KR ? :slight_smile:
Thx for the answer :slight_smile:

CHSPI has 200+ companies. The fees are 0.1% instead of 0.25%.

It looks like VVRL has approximately only SPI + SMIM, so 50 companies. With CHSPI, you add 150+ more companies to your portfolio. Of course that means if you invest in CHSPI instead of UBS SMIM you increase your share in the SMI (Nestlé and the 19 other biggest companies), which is maybe something you don’t want. Then, why don’t you take, UBS ETF (CH) SPI Mid (CHF) A-dis, which has the 80 biggest companies not in the SMI and the fees are 0.28% which is close to the 0.25%.

Why not, I need to consider and make the calculation as many monthly investments means more fees and a reduced TER. Also, I could consider making one month for each :slight_smile:
Thanks for your explanations :slight_smile:

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I meant CHSPI or UBS SPI Mid, not both.

You were very clear. My strategy would be to pick one of those (that you mentionned), the ITEQ, the chinese one and VT.

Therefore, I am considering to invest in maybe 2 each months and change every 2 months (if I am clear enough)

Do you know how I could invest on the ITEQ btw as a swiss resident ? Since it was my main question ahaha

Seems so.

Interactive Broker’s stock symbol is IBKR, and they’re referring to themselves by this abbreviation.

ITEQ : 15 %
China : 25 %
VT or VWRL : 50%
Swiss : 10%

Also, in order to reduce costs, I could do mondial every two months, and the rest every two months too. But now, the issue is that I wont reach 100K before at least 4-5 years. And ITEQ is only in IB. And I want ITEQ…

Why swiss, actually, now, I would thank you for that question. I wanted to follow blindly our dear blogger. But to be fair, I actually dont care much… I don’t see the benefit (but I dont always see clearly you know guys ^^).
Also, I invest in VIAC on the most aggressiv stuff, the global 100. Maybe there is a repetition somewhere with what I would like to invest.

Swiss: You work in ch, your 2. pilar (pensionskasse) is heavy chf, your 3. pilar is heavy chf (viac)…i would agree you do not need more ch
==> Thx for offering me this thinking

Iteq: i understand your reasoning, but i am no expert in this area, so I don’t know if your expectations are valid
==> Me too, but this country is crazy, investing on IB will do, you are right.

China A shares: a lot of banking to my gusto, but here again I don’t know much.
==> This, I still need to dig in deeply. My money is in Degiro already and I’m not planning to invest in the next 2 months. I am waiting for the bi-annual result of most of SP500 companies and also next presidential election (USA ofc) to invest. Which is 6 month (more or less) from now. Wont make a huge difference.

Ps: welcome. it is great you want to invest. you will be your greatest enemy in investing (psy bias), so basically keep it simple and stay the course (start with a good horse and do not change it along the way will avoid you to do mistakes)
==> thanks a lot mate for your advices and welcoming. However, when you say changing, you mean selling for smth else right. But stop to put money in one ETF for another is ok, isnt it ?

I would recommend you to put >75% in vt /vwrl.
==> Stupid question : there are no exotic part in those one, am I correct ? If there are none, until I am 36 (in 3.5 year), Ill prefer go for 50/50% risks exposition.
Thanks for the reading, I know most of it already and will dig in the rest. I have been investing in crypto since the bubble. I have lost money and learn a lot about psychological bias which made me stronger. But you know that you are never strong enough against yourself ^^. I dont intend to trade ETF but more B&H and try to find an entry price every 2-3 months

There are parts of (almost) everything in those.
China, Israel, Switzerland included.
For exact proportions lookup VT holdings and decide whether it makes sense to overweight with more.

This question got me thinking - is there an all-world ex-Israel ETF?

Not interested personally, but with the shit they pull in West Bank, surely there’d be a market for this. Also, I just checked and apparently 0.01% of my money is invested in Elbit Systems through VWRL… hmmmmmm.

1 Like

If such a thing exists, it might be most likely an Israeli ETF.

…or an ETF from an Iranian, Saudi etc. bank?

1 Like