Insurance check by VermögensZentrum

Hello everyone,

have anyone tried to run “Insurance check” by VermögensZentrum?

https://www.vermoegenszentrum.ch/privatkunden/vorsorge-und-versicherung/aktion-versicherungs-check.html

I understand that their goal is too add you to their insurance pool, but I don’t see anything bad about it.

Care to share your impressions/experience?

Many thanks!

P.S. I find them an interesting company but I am definitely not going to open a custody account with them. I think this insurance check could be a way to approach them.

There margins from insurances are listed on the website.

I know how to use comparis.ch and moneyland.ch, so I am going to blindly trust any advice.

That is what they suppose to check.

Not a problem for me, I know how to calculate and how to say no.

I was thinking about doing a risk check for free somewhere. They won’t sell me anything, I’m not that stupid. Just want to get some insights if I did everything right with me selfemployed GF.

Hi I know pretty well the company and the service. It wont be a real big insurance check its more a marketing story where they compare your current insurances to the offer they have and might consult you a little bit.

VZVersicherungsPool is the inhouse insurance which will be proposed if it makes sense.

So go and look what they offer, but treat it like meeting an agent from Axa or Mobiliar.

1 Like

A real, in depth insurance risk check is not profitable for an expert if the customer is a private person - so never expect it for free to be a) really in depth and b) only focussed on your interessts.

I did it professionally and know exactly what I am talking about. Either its just a quick scan or a process with the objective of selling (limited by what the company can offer) - therefore it wont be focussed really on your interessts.

2 Likes

Thank you for the comments! That what I was expecting. If they can sort out our insurances and propose a couple of cheaper alternatives, it will be enough for me. Besides, all polices are standard, so I don’t think someone will actually read and synthetize what is there.

I tested it and signed with them.

They propose me insurance alternatives when my contracts end. I am free to sign or not and I am free to change myself for another contract too (without signing through VZ).

Results :

Car 1 : insurer Zurich : I got an immediate discount of 268.50. The will propose me an alternative when contract end.
Car 2 : same config but saving is 89.20

RC and menage : I added an insurance for the electrical bike (sport equipment) when I changed from Zurich to VZ Pool insurance. Price dropped from 450 to 350 with a better coverage.

2 Likes

So, did you insure your car with this cheap insurance that you found?

Did you read and compare all conditions? Taking care of my children, this kind of thing is rather low on my priorities list. So I want to delegate this task, for a reasonable potential margin if they get me as a customer.

If you are sure it’s the same, good for you.

I would think first before insuring with a no name company. Unlike bank packages, if you discover that your insurance has problems, it’s too late.

It’s not always wise to take the cheapest option. There might be a very good reason why they are so cheap…see Assura for example.

1 Like

Because I signed 5 years contrats that end in 2023. With VZ I am able to get a discount until contracts end and then I will analyze their offers and publicly available offers that I can find on my side. This will be an additional option.

Be careful with taking always the cheapest and read the general conditions, especially for brand new cars.

What is your cheapest insurance ? Would be interesting to compare contracts.

If you need the insurances offered (i.e. supplemental health insurance, full casco car insurance), I would say it’s worth checking out. The premiums are favorable. The problem is that you are limited to offers from their partner(s), which may or may not include the specific coverages you need (particularly relevant for health insurance).

Since the insurance check service is free, there’s no harm in getting quotes whch you can then compare with other offers on the market.

1 Like

I tried the exercise : I asked for a quote on SmileDirect for my vehicle with the same coverage than I have now with Zurich :

SmileDirect : 1’090.50 first year then 1211.65
Zurich with VZ discount : 1174.70