I would like your opinion concerning my fun fund in tech.
First: My core portfolio is very simple, low cost, diversified and i am happy with it: VT & Viac (50 World, 10 EM, 25 Spi ex, 12 Smi) as equities, PK considered as security. I do not want to change it. But it is boring and i want to put some spices: fun fund (ff)
- ff is not part of my portfolio: no rebalancing with VT
- yearly allocation: max viac, 90% vt, 10% ff
- ff is for fun, adrenaline, beating the market : that’s ok if it crashes!
- ff should stay simple: no investment in stuff i do not understand (at all), buy & hold, easy to manage (2-4x/y), not time consuming (no stock picking analyst)
- in my ff every position is equally allocated (same%)
So for now i came with 1 fun sector idea: tech. Found 3 etfs that are interesting: qqq, igm, fivg.
I am not sure which to choose btw qqq, igm, fivg
- cheapest (ter 0.2), has them all (big techs)
- very heavy on FAAMG, nasdaq selection criteria (no sector)
- has them all (big techs) and more (visa, mastercard etc), bigs guns are not toooo heavy
- highest ter (0.5)
- has mid caps, has international caps, ter ok (0.3), lowest overlap with VT
- Selection criteria: are they 5G and is 5G gonna overperform global tech?
I hesitate btw igm (weight well diversified, but expensive and no ex-usa) and fivg (weight well diversified, not to expensive, but are the selection criteria valid?).
As many here work in IT: which one do you think has the most potential? Or other ideas?