IBKR margin charge, no cash borrowed

I have a Trial account with IBKR. I have bought virtual stocks and ETFs. Despite having a large cash surplus I find there is a margin charge, both initial and maintence, and further there is a charge for interest, even though I have not borrowed any money! Is this normal? The interest charge cancels out any benefit of no account fee and low commissions.

Did you converted money into the respective currency ? (meaning if you had cash in CHF, you converted it into USD if you bought a USD product ?)

“Did you converted money into the respective currency ? (meaning if you had cash in CHF, you converted it into USD if you bought a USD product ?)”

No,all in USD

This is just how much net funds you need to keep your position open. If you don’t borrow cash against your stocks, it is not relevant.

Are you sure? Care to show balance/activity report, if it is possible with a paper account?

Are you sure that it is not the interest paid to you because you have a large sum of cash which should earn some interest?

That would be shown as a positive “Interest accrual”. If you own interest, it is a negative number.

[quote=“Bili, post:5, topic:8943, full:true”]
Are you sure that it is not the interest paid to you because you have a large sum of cash which should earn some interest?
[/quote]you could be right. It just says MTD (Month to date). I’ll have to work on the numbers to see if its a credit or debit