How much money you make on your blog

So he is a glorified influencer, got rich on advertising shady platforms. It’s appalling that he still advises his readers to “take the chill pill” because “he is also a private investor, like them”.

3 Likes

Well, once you dig a bit deeper you will find thousands of people and bloggers trying to replicate his scheme. The crowd is naive. I was reading some stuff for fun and this is what I read on one of the blogs today:

I own a camel (Yes, the animal) in Somalia through Agrikaab The animal cost me 1,375 € and as it lactates, the milk is sold and I get most of the revenue (Quarterly dividends are around 6%-8%). I’ve since invested also in the Agrikaab Store and a Rainwater Pond . I’m still looking for an opportunity to invest in a greenhouse.

Invested value on Agrikaab stands at 4k € The payment for December slipped over to 2nd of January, so you’ll see a solid bar next month. This month IRR is at 18%, but next month will rocket it to 30%.

Yes, this shit is for real :rofl:

8 Likes

Amateur! I invest in the broad market iShares Farm Animals Africa ETF (ticker: CAML) and thus spread the risk nicely over many camels, but also goats and sheep!

9 Likes

Found it…January 2020 update: 4,775 € loss
Honestly, the Somali thing sounds like an interesting idea from a development point of view, but not from an investor’s point of view. In my opinion, the most ridiculous part of post is the beginning:

If you haven’t heard, Kuetzal platform has collapsed and most of the details point towards fraud. There are those who are convinced that most of the projects didn’t exist in the first place, if any.

I honestly don’t know what to make of all this, but I have now accepted that I’ve lost 6k €. With my current passive income, that’s about four months. But I feel I deserve it. I was greedy. I let my fear of missing out cloud my judgement. I jumped on the bandwagon. I was the dumb money. :man_shrugging:

Fuck.

The thing is…the payoff probability distribution for these p2p things is not a nice Gaussian-esque shape like a stock portfolio or an ETF. There is a big spike at -100%, then some kind of distribution around +5 to 10%.

2 Likes

Actually, another shady platform has collapsed since he wrote that post, which cost him another 12kE.
When things go well (or appear to go well on paper), investors get monthly repayments or monthly interest plus principal repayment on maturation, depends on the loan structure and loan originator. The income does indeed appear very stable.

Promoting the best for the investors: recommending low-cost ETFs don’t make any money.
The best example is Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard, who had a fortune only of 80 million dollars.

1 Like

the calculation on this blog puts his impact at 17m of lost money for his blog reader.

e.g from the commissions he generated from his audience as a p2p influencer.

scroll down to ‘How much did investors lose?’ - quite shocking

3 Likes

@FinanciallyFree, what’s up mate? :smiley:
How are things going with your P2P strategies?

2 Likes

Did he move to Portugal because, according to his blog’s analytics, the chance of meeting a reader of his on the street is the lowest? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Damn I wished I started reading this forum & specifically this thread earlier. Jorgen is back in Denmark working for a startup so that FIRE life lasted a whopping 6 months.
I admit I was originally starting my blog due to Jorgen but after realizing that I can make 3k CHF in 2 weeks with TSLA why would I invest 60k+ CHF on shady platforms? I will probably pivot to 100% VT portoflio at some point.

“Start up”. A Vegan restaurant? That doesn’t sound like a startup to me.
What is he doing? Lead operations (aka. main waiter?)

1 Like

I understood that they want to develop some franchising setup for vegan restaurants. Which is just another form of referral income in my books. E.g. the risks are taken by the franchise takers but the profits flow to the franchise creators.

with this approach, you can win in 1h x millions with Lottery with a few CHF :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or as we say at work “Hope is not a strategy”. :smiley: