How can I see if I checked US income tax treaty in IB account?

Sorry, I’m starting this up again… where do I see how much dividend have been withheld this year? It’s probably really easy, I just can’t seem to find it.

I would go into Reports and then generate an activity statement for the entire year. In this statement, you will see your dividends and the linked withholding.

Awesome, thank you!

And it was 15%.

BTW I really enjoy your blog, especially in the beginnings of my investing career :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for verifying! I will also check the activity statement after the dividend distribution.

Where exactly in the activity report do you see the 15% dividend withheld?

hello. i’m facing the same challenge. as far as i understand, i have filled in the form. however, 30% was deducted from my first dividends. i have no idea what i could do differently. can anyone help me? :smiley:

Where did you see that those 30% were deducted? I created my IBKR account some months ago and I still haven’t double checked that I filed everything correctly. Got some VT dividends last week

Generate an activity statement (e.g. “month to date”) and then check the numbers in the dividend and withholding tax sections.

1 Like