How about demographic survey?

I don’t know how good the poll feature is, but Google Forms might be more advanced.

1 Like

Hi @chestwood96

Thanks for the initiative.
I’m planning (once I finished to translate all articles in FR) to do more “ask the readers on the forum” blogposts in order to get more infos/learnings/exchange with the Swiss FIRE community that we built here.

In order to keep all the infos in one same place/tool, I plan to use the Discourse built-in poll system (never tried it out before today) like this:

• Male
  • Female
  • Other

0 voters

Marital status

• Married
  • Engaged
  • Divorced
  • Not married

0 voters

I’m really interested into your initiative. If you are willing to analyze and write about the results afterwards, I’d be glad to host a guestpost from you with your learnings.
Could you be interested?

Cheers,
MP

1 Like

Is it possible to correlate the answers or is every question separate? If not, something like google-forms might be a much better option.

Writing is not my thing so I will not make a post about it, I would however gladly play around with the raw data and maybe draw some conclusions from that. Writing a nice conclusive blog-post however is kind of outside of my expertise.

I think Google Forms is a much better tool for this, it will give us more options to analyze the data. I can help setting up the survey, if necessary.

@chestwood96 it doesn’t look like very advance, and indeed Google Form might be better for deeper analysis.

If you wanna play with data and provide some conclusions about what you found, that’d be already very valuable. I’ll then see if/what I can write about it.

Let me know once you’ve move ahead with this.

Cheers

I think I will wait a couple of days if someone has any other ideas, then I will make the survey with Google forms.

@Alex I should be able to do it myself, bit if not I will take you up on this.

1 Like

I made a draft, can I get some feedback?

It looks good to me! Although sometime I don’t know if I should give individual numbers or household one (expenses, saving rate…)

Good point, I think I should default this to household.

Looks good. It might be useful to detail what calculation is to be used for the savings rate, otherwise we risk comparing apples to oranges.

I understand that “yearly salary” would be my salary, and “yearly household income” would include my gf’s salary, right? Why make that distinction? Shouldn’t we just report the yearly household income?

Well I have 6 answers so faar.

@Mobius Any idea how to define that?

@Alex The survey is mostly about an individual but the household stuff is easier for the expenses and savings rate as it would probably hard to separate those.

Your girlfriend could fill this form too (it would raise the female part by infinite% XD)

@_MP Maybe you could distribute the survey somehow?

1 Like

Sure, share the final link with me and I will spread it via Twitter and FB.

Unless you have any feedback you could share the link in the top post.

@_MP Since I have not gotten any feedback I assume it is OK, could you share this link?

Sorry for my late reply, quite busy times here…
The form looks quite complete to me, thank you for the work done.

May I ask you to modify the title to be “MustachianPost Forum - FIRE Demographic Survey”?
Then I will share it today still if you can make the change.

2 Likes

Done…(yay character limit)

Thanks! Just shared it. Looking forward to viewing the results.

@chestwood96 I answered the survey in the very beginning. Is there any need to answer again?

Nothing major changed (mostly just made some of the questions more exact)