High Paying Careers

This might be of interest for you guys. Latest data from Switzerland and gross salaries (includes everything like 13th salary, bonus etc.).

Looks very promising for me! I work in finance and I earned 96k in the last 12 months, so I’m probably in the lower 1/3. One out of 4 earns >150k in finance! Can’t wait to be in that region :smiley:

7 Likes

Source bitte? :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

How do these statistics work? If you’re a DB admin for SBB, does your salary get counted as “transportation and storage”? Is a restaurant owner classified together with all the waiters in “food service activities”?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Why you want win more money ?
More you win more you pay. I view a nice youtube movie but lost the link who speak about hire people for they pay taxes for you with their income :slight_smile:

I prefer win almost nothing and pay nothing so probably decrease job percentage if I win too much for keep low income.

I think he’s trying to convey: Mo Money Mo Problems

2 Likes

My current marginal tax rate is 25%. If I earn 10k more, I’m able to save 7.5k more.

2 Likes

SAP Consultant roles pay pretty well. SAP covers many domains from HR to Production Planning. Training is quite fast, say 4 weeks full time for the basic cert.

2 Likes

I lost already ~18.5% each month on my income if you not trust retreat amount with debt money value decreasing year after year. Interest too low for compensate that.
After you have ~1.5x (monthly income) to pay depend location by year and yes you can have some reduction with 3a and home improvement but not so much.

If you win less than *k.- per month you pay ~18.5% but no tax and health insurance can be payed for you. If you can have nothing or almost nothing more than debt in wealth it’s better too no tax under 40k else you pay each year a percentage of your wealth but still cheaper than interest rate at the bank even if low.

You need to win a lot for have some advantages on tax or win less for not be taxed. On the middle you pay. I have not finished my plan because need more time but I try to be able to deduct all expenses with very low income. Like that you can choose a job you like and not one for win more money or just decrease percentage for retrieve time to spend to anything other even if you win nothing.

Be happy is an important part of the life and it’s not related to money. If you look a little less people have money more happy they are.
I less and less understand why some people want 1/2/3m in XX years because 1m in 10 years can worth really only actual 100k. The important thing is to be able to live well with less over time.

I think if you stop focusing on money and salary, you’re going to make him come on his own no matter what the method. It’s may be wrong but I view too much people take higher job without have skills and without like their job who are just there for money. I think that’s the main reason why US/EU are on downside and CN on upside. We need again people who work for their enterprise and not for money.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I didn’t understand a single word. No offense, but this is far worse than Google Translate.

8 Likes

The last time I checked, Chinese people were CRAZY about money and saving it. That’s the difference, they save a lot. Their motivation for work is that they remember extreme poverty and want as far from that state as possible. But thats just my opinion.

6 Likes

(Forum) life is simpler when you have Pedro hidden. :slight_smile:
I don’t even bother trying to read and understand anymore.

8 Likes

Look Alipay future IPO and the huge amount of money so yes they like money and have much more than Visa :slight_smile:
Xiaomi jump from nothing some years ago to the top 5. Nio can replace Tesla in some years. Alibaba, JD, PDD, Tencent, … China grows and is everywhere in some years.

Thanks, I finally found out how that works.

For those curious: Preferences → Notifications → Users → Ignored.

7 Likes

When looking at e.g. SaaS products, I would recommend getting a certification in Salesforce to anyone interested in bumping their salaries, there are almost no available skills in the market and the client base in Switzerland is growing. Better as freelance for projects in the financial industry, rates are very high, the downside is clearly once the project is over then it’s time for another customer (may require travel).

Otherwise, one of the best investment is to get some certifications in the Cloud area (Azure / AWS / GCP), probably has advantages long-term over specific products… (who remembers when Peoplesoft was all the rage?)

2 Likes

What are “very high” rates for you? Are we talking 150.-, 200.- or 250+ CHF per hour all-in?

Just having a certification doesn’t make you an expert in Salesforce. I like the idea, but you also need to consider mastering something like that easily takes several years. And clients don’t like blenders who don’t know what they are doing. Maybe it’s different in Salesfore, but in SAP contracting it’s not. Big companies like Accenture/Deloitte/etc might get away with sending rookies to customers, but it’s not working if you are a contractor. Just my 2 cents.

Hi @FIREstarter,

From what I have seen you can get quite easily in the 150-200 range with limited experience. I agree that SAP requires more, that’s why SFDC is a compelling proposition for someone that does want / can put some limited time and effort in certifications.

All told, if you are a developer it pays off to specialize, just don’t make it your only option :wink:

Sometimes even the companies you mention are looking at freelancers to add to their ranks for specific projects, and not always at the most experienced ones.

3 Likes

100% agree. I would exchange “sometimes” with “most of the time”. I’ve seen it a lot for different customers already. Customer hiring “put big consulting company name here” which hires a freelancer via another head-hunting company. Just imagine how much money the customer is paying per hour, and how much is left for the actual freelance worker :wink:

Getting a certification is quite easy, but companies won’t hire you if you have only a certification on a Saas solution. You need at least 1-2 years of experience and this is the harder part to get (Chicken or the egg dilemma). But in general, the more you are specialized, the higher is the salary.

The two main risk/issue with Saas product is the demand tends to change over time and being bored/stuck in your career.
Now, Salesforce is the leader. You become a salesforce expert, but after some years you’re not up to date anymore with the market, because a new leader has emerged.

I have seen that it was a payroll company hiring for an IT consulting firm, then you would work for an insurance company. So both companies take their cut on your “salary”.

Create a new post with these instructions like that more people can have my comments hidden :slight_smile:

This post is really strange seem people work only for money but can explain why people are so bad in some places just go there for money.