Future of Bitcoin

• if something didn’t happen yet, it doesn’t mean that it won’t
  • this kind of statement are a bit extreme. We won’t totally live in virtual world but it will be a part of our life. Like btc won’t replace the financial industry but be a part of it.
  • actually it already started and it’s growing

imo this is just the result of bad actors doing the old traditional finance scam schemes (insane leverage, opacity and poor risk managment) with intertwined shitcoins that were expected to blow up.

Proof of work doesn’t care, make place for real usecase.

Adoption continues, we hit several ath recently, especially on lightning usage. It is a great entry point for btc and also a great learning experience to see why bitcoin is not “crypto”.

Bitcoin is a response to the 2008 crisis, 2022 is just another big advertising. We have “generational” economic crisis every decades, if you don’t think we need to change the system… Well…

1 Like

Isn’t that an argument against BTC being adopted wide scale - CDBC would be a competitor to BTC ?

Anyway from your reply it is clear BTC will not die soon - there is such a hard core of enthusiasts who believe in it

1 Like

More competitors : adoption and bigger market. Btc won’t replace fiats, fiats are coming to blockchain. You will have the choice to use one or another (or both).

And actually I don’t own any btc (nor eth) because of their limitations but I respect them.

Bitcoin is a great idea as an alternative to the traditional finance and central banks but it has its limitations.
Ethereum is great because the smart contracts idea enable a lot of usecases but it has the same limitations.

Those limitations are tied to one big problem : scalability (in the decentralization / security / scalability “trilemma”). I am convinced we’re going there, the trilemma has been solved in 2020 :slight_smile:

I agree but my simple mind doesn’t get why I would ever choose BTC over CDBC

Store of value imo. Diversification. All assets will be tokenized and offered on the blockchain, it it will be one of them.
If Bitcoin gets old and not relevant anymore, collection? I don’t think it will before several decades.

As I said, I don’t own any. I would consider buying 1 btc, especially during this bear if it goes really low, but mostly for “fun”.

1 Like

Btc is 13 yo, dezoom and compare the price as a store of value with the other assets available.
Of course it’s volatile, it’s in its infancy, and volatility is lower every year.
And also that is a very first world centered view. Ask in third world countries why they think bitcoin is useful and accessible.

What are ETF in crypto for you?

Do you know that people invest in cars, watches, bags, stamps, books, movie items, comics, lego etc and make money out of it?
I said for “fun”, you should have quoted "just for “fun” "

1 Like

Cdbc is tool to give more control to the government over the people, no wonder why China is rushing for a digital yuen. It does not make any sense for the public.

1 Like

Argentine, Nigeria, Turkey, Lebanon, Libya…

1 Like

Should have sold when ETH was at 4.4k :thinking:

Is timing the crypto market hard? :smiley:

2022: $18’000 (year to date 18.6.22)

I’m a bit worried that the trend which was, as stated above, a “good indicator” of “store of value = most accepted use case” and now this trend has been #broken.

Maybe we need a new most accepted use case?

1 Like

2022: 120k (by 31.12.22 and estimated really conservatively)

It is. And Facebook seems to betting big money on it.
And I‘d be willing to bet against it.

Since 18‘000 is approximately the current price, this years „yearly low“ won’t be, can’t be 120k.

1 Like

You misunderstood, it’s a trend of yearly lows since 2012, not highs, EOY etc.

my fault… sorry. just wanted to add something after few beers…

2 Likes

On what grounds do you base your “conservative” estimate? How do you come up with this estimate?

1 Like

Exactly the same with BTC. Some people are fascinates about the technology.

A 25k Audemars Piguet is useless too, it tells the exact same time as a 25$ Casio :slight_smile:

So my scenarios are:

1. in the next few months, BTC will depeg from other markets and do the own way up
  2. it will not depeg, but the whole market will be up (no more war in Ukraine or some funny inflation constellation)
  3. to 0 (quite not possible imho… to much interest from the institutionals).

It will start peaking in October… but we’ll see.