Fundsmith in VIAC?

Good to see that a few people seems interested. I would strongly encourage you to contact VIAC and ask them if they might consider adding Fundsmith/Smithson to their products. If enough people ask, they might do it at one point.

If they would make Fundsmith/Smithson available even I would start using 3a as a further vehicle for my investments. With only this ETF crap (sorry guys :grin:) I don’t want to have my money get locked in for years.

Thus, I’m totally in!

1 Like

Are you sure that you are in the right place?

1 Like

I would rather have the PSLDX mutual fund available instead.

1 Like

@Gesk Complety agree :slight_smile: This fund make no sense to have in a standard account due the the high dividends

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Active investors on the forum

You have some share class with reinvested dividend such as is the one in CHF, which I mentioned earlier.

Sorry, I was speaking of PSLDX, which make a lot more sense for me.

1 Like

Oups, sorry about that.

@Julianek thanks for the initiative. I’d be curious if not interested too :wink: /cc @VIAC_Daniel

1 Like

Interesting stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t think it’s going to happen, but yeah…
Count me in! I’d also choose/use Fundsmith funds in VIAC.

(provided additional non-fund costs are reasonable)

1 Like

Is someone interested in PSLDX and NTSX funds in VIAC?

NTSX
The WisdomTree 90/60 U.S. Balanced Fund (NTSX) is created by investing 90% of Fund assets in equities and 10% in short-term fixed income. The 60% bond exposure is achieved by overlaying Treasury futures contracts]to achieve the net 90/60 target.

PSLDX
A traditional index fund typically invests in all, or a representative sample, of the stocks in an index in an effort to replicate the return of the index. PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Fund seeks to outperform the index by employing a unique, bond-centric strategy. It does this by purchasing low-cost S&P 500 derivatives and backing this exposure with an actively managed portfolio of diversified long-duration bonds

I think neither of them are suitable for VIAC - or any 3a provider for that matter.

Combining equity and fixed in one product goes against the VIACs idea that you’re able to choose allocations on the basis of single percentage points.

And the use of derivatives on top makes it a hot mess to compute ratios and assess conformity to legal requirements for 3a products.

PS: For that reason, even Fundsmith would be “difficult”, as it might partially contain Swiss stocks and/or stocks denominated in CHF to a degree (which, on top of that, is going to vary over time!). Which, I think, no other fund in VIAC does.

:raised_hand: you can count me in too

1 Like

That’s a good point, and the only way to figure it out is to contact VIAC, which I will do at the end of the week.

Some private banks offer 3x leveraged ETFs in 3a so why not.

What? Who? Where???

I just received VIAC’s feedback.

6 Likes

Fair response, I like the tone!

Also good to see what philosophy they believe in - while still appreciating there are exceptions to the opposite. :slight_smile:

Thanks for inquiring and sharing, Jul!