[Fun] Open AI new chat & Personal Finances

I came across this week the new chat released by Open AI.
This is a generative AI that you can prompt to create literally anything.

I had a bit of fun to see how we could apply it to personal finance :smiley:

If Eminem and Dr Dre were rapping about index funds:

And how the Lord warned us about Crypto currencies :rofl:

6 Likes

OMG Eminem and Dre rapping about index funds. But it makes sense, rappers like to rap about gettin’ rich. I wish there was a dirty version too.

How long until humans are not needed anymore?

Sorry, not realistic

I mean the bot is so polite ! That doesn’t match with US rap music

You need at least 3 ingredients :

• money
  • hookers
  • cars

Then you can write a “classic” old school rap song about index funds :rofl:.

1 Like

hey @Julianek you should try asking it to write code for you. you can turn it into a pretty cool research assistant if you apply yourself

Used this AI to create some code at work. Small, easy stuff is actually remarkably accurate and clean. I’m impressed.

Actually i tried it to see how much it could do in the coding interview of the company I am working for.
As you can probably guess, it’s really a lot.
Time to re-think what humans are good for

2 Likes

How to speak to the younger generation :joy:

I swear, the old man is finally making some sense! Apart from the slight mistake on paying dividends.

2 Likes

or maybe time to rethink the coding interview of your company ? :rofl:

anyway, i’m not so sure about this media driven “AI is taking over the world” hype. the media is definitely optimizing for sensationalism. there’s definitely some cool advances, but a generalized intelligence is a while off. maybe i’m biased by tuning into Lex Fridmann’s ideas too much though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idk man, I think the progress follows an exponential curve. And it’s hard for us to evaluate the level of progress based on what AI can do. Hard things are “easy” (beating GM in chess) and “easy” things are hard (walking). But I think the last decade has delivered some neat AI advancements, so it makes you wonder what the next decade will bring.

yes, totally agree, i don’t think development in that field follows a linear curve. and most likely AIs for targeted applications will become available. i mean it’s almost trivial to write malware with openai. but generalizable AI, dunno
 i feel the jury is still out on that one.

1 Like

After Roboadvisors we can have AI advise on FIRE.
I asked: Explain success recipe to become financially independent at a young age.

AI answered: Becoming financially independent at a young age typically involves a combination of careful financial planning, smart money management, and a willingness to take calculated risks. Here are a few key steps that can help you achieve financial independence at a young age:

1. Start by creating a budget and sticking to it. This will help you identify areas where you can cut back on spending and save more money.
  2. Make saving a priority. It can be helpful to automate your savings so that a certain amount of money is transferred from your checking account to your savings account each month.
  3. Invest in yourself by getting a good education or acquiring new skills that can help you earn more money.
  4. Consider starting your own business or investing in the stock market. While these can be risky, they can also offer the potential for significant rewards if done wisely.
  5. Be willing to take calculated risks and make smart decisions about how you manage your money.

Overall, the key to achieving financial independence at a young age is to be disciplined, focused, and proactive about managing your finances. With the right mindset and approach, you can set yourself up for long-term financial success.
#chatgpt

3 Likes

Hmm, I forsee that the AI will be able to replace personal finance bloggers in the near future

Those who repeat others and doesn’t create anything new: sure. Not a big loss.

3 Likes

A friend told me there were some users exploring ChatGPT for investment advise and analyse of companies by using data from financial ‘experts’ and sites. But I have not backed up this info (didn’t look for it either
), nevertheless the possibility seems indeed closer

Beware of AI. I’ve seen posts that sounds fine but some expert said that it was utter bull#it. Even stuff like history, where AI should just summarize reports and understand topics, it was all mixed up. The common sense stuff might sound fine, but once you dig deep in stuff you barely understand it might be risky.

On a lighter note (a bit NSFW if you care
) here what someone asked ChatGPT on slashdot:

I asked it to write a poem about a large penis, because after all, true linguistic intelligence can only be determined by how amusingly ribald one can get when the chips are down. And this is what it said:

"There once was a man, with a member so grand
It could be seen from across the land
It stood tall and proud, a true sight to behold
And all who laid eyes on it, were instantly sold

For this man was gifted, in a way most rare
With a tool of pleasure, beyond compare
And wherever he went, women would flock
To catch a glimpse of his impressive cock

But despite his endowment, he was a humble soul
And never once bragged, or tried to be bold
He simply let his member do the talking
And those who were lucky, were in for a shocking

So if you ever come across, a man so well-hung
Don’t be afraid to stare, or even to lung
For a large penis, is a thing of beauty
And should be admired, by all who see."

This is pure gold. Simple and sublime. Funny, yet not overly dirty.

5 Likes