FlowBank, new Swiss Bank/Broker Solution?

He’s a f*cking joke, unbelivable :joy:
Will definitely never open an account there, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

This is a bit sad for a « junior sales & marketing » employee to make a mistake like this… anyway.

He should have communicate about their dropping fees, or at least their minimum fees. Some month ago, if you wanted to trade equity or ETF in Switzerland or USA, it cost you a minimum of 20 CHF or 25 USD, now it’s 6.50 CHF or 6.50 USD, quite an improvement, still expensive in comparison of IB or Degiro :slight_smile:

Disclaimer, I don’t use their platform but hope they will shake a bit the broker industry in Switzerland, if SQ don’t drop their fees before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plot twist: what if this move was made by competition (hence the mistake of putting the real name in the profile) and the poor fellow has no idea of what has happened? Maybe someone should reach out to him on LinkedIn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is a possibility but he deleted his post and removed hist firstname lastname from his profile so my hypothesis is that he is now trying to hide himself in order not to get a bad reputation and hopes that his managers will never hear about this :wink:

5 Likes

Even if that was the case, it’d be enough for me not to go into business with them.

If these posts came from them: Shame.
If they are in a market segment where this is how their competitors act: I don’t want to be their target audience.

I’d say: let the man live. I would not like him to lose his job because he tried to make some fake word of mouth. 99% of the time it goes undetected and unpunished.

What do you think, should we help him out and clean up this mess or at least remove his name from the posts?

1 Like

Any publicity is good publicity.

MP forum are quite high on Google’s preference…

OK I guess I’ve cleaned up all personally identifiable information. GDPR creators would be proud :smiley:

1 Like

FYI, in the change history of this comment, you still find the link to their linkedin account, I wonder if you can nuke the change history.

How about now? Still visible?

Looks good, can’t access any info

Flowbank published a press memo today.

They now offer a 0% commission on Swiss stocks.

3 Likes

Can you register swiss stocks with FlowBank?

Any FlowBank clients that can confirm?

4 Likes

Once an employee from them joined the forum and - please correct me - tried to push their services with false statements. For me personally a no-go.

Therefore I will avoid them at any costs.

Moreover, despite there are no commissions, you are still paying fees and taxes on the trade :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stamp duty for swiss stock can be higher than the commission at IB

3 Likes

Correct but limited to the Swiss stamp duty (0.075%) + SIX fees around 1 CHF (that you incure whatever your broker is).

I’m not using Flowbank, but having these fees for a Swiss broker seems more than reasonable to me.

At the end, it’s the never ending debate between having a broker in CH or abroad.

That’s a bit too simply put / misleading, as I understand the 0% commission applies to trades of Listed shares in the BX Swiss SME Main Market segment

BX used to be the Berner Börse, a somewhat small Exchange focussing on “regional” companies. As far as I can find out the most well-known SME companies which can be traded at 0% commission are for example:
Swatch
Ypsomed

What about ETFs? I saw some ETF factsheets showing listing at BX, but I don’t have an experience myself.

1 Like

Their pricing list shows a 0% for Stocks and ETF on SIX.

For those interested, I’m sure that Flowbank will clarify their fee structure.

4 Likes

OK, that pricing list seems quite clear that it’s all Swiss Stock and ETF’s at SIX.

1 Like