FlowBank, new Swiss Bank/Broker Solution?

Yes, itā€™s true.
But they wanted to launch the new bank fast, so they currently use Saxo as a backend (insider info :slight_smile: ) and will move to their own solution in the future. Regarding the pricing, they are not competitive at this point. At least, Swissquote offers really good phone support.

Not all of themā€¦

1 Like

Question is though: Are you going to hold it the same bank?
Flowbank was literally founded last year (and an outgoing transfer of positions costs 45 CHF).

I do agree however on that one shouldnā€™t worry too much about small one-time fees on long-term investments.

I have been a reader of this forum for a few weeks and I have benefited from insights and experiences shared by participants. This is my first message.
I have no previous experience in trading or buying stocks. But I wanted to use some money for buying specific (leading) Swiss stocks. I hve seen that FlowBank is offering until the end of this month 0% commission on select US stocks and Swiss stocks, including those I was interested in.
Although I felt initially hesitant, I decided to open a FlowBank account last week, in the late Saturday afternoon. The opening of the account was fast and smooth (compared to other ones): one hour and a few minutes later, my FlowBank account was active and I had my IBAN number.
I made an initial transfer of CHF 10,000 on Monday morning. I could use it immediately and without any problem. Indeed, there was 0% commission, just the tiny Federal tax on Swiss stocks.
But what was the most pleasant part of the experience for me was support. Being a novice in using such a platform, I had some basic questions. Three times I sent an email to support (in French); in all cases, I received a prompt, detailed and clear answer - a personal one addressing very specifically my questions and providing the requested explanation.
I have no idea about the future of FlowBank, I asked myself the same questions some participants to this forum had asked in previous posts. But in these days, I consider a helpful, friendly and efficient support as a key factor for any online service. According to my (fresh) experience, this is something that FlowBank obviously provides. My first experiences thus make me a happy customer.
(I would also suggest testing their two apps, FlowBank - the standard one - and FlowBank Pro, quite different.)
I hope that they will continue to develop their platform (there is still room for improvement) and offer additional services (for instance, at this point, it is not possible with FlowBank to register ā€˜actions nominativesā€™ - registered shares in English, if I am not wrong, but I asked them and they told me that this would become available soon). Letā€™s see how this will continue. But my first impression is a positive one.

2 Likes

Info from mod: some user posted fake customer experience

I can only say LOL and ROFL

5 Likes

Do you have any doubt that Chiccooooo opened an account with them?
Or that they told him about crypto and debit cards?

:woman_shrugging:t2:

Why not be both? :woman_shrugging:t2:

I mean, some people could tell a thing or two of being fed their own dog food. :wink:

Whatā€™s next? Elon Musk opens an account and tells us these Tesla cars are pretty good?

2 Likes

Yeah, but in order to expose it, itā€™s better to leave it be than delete, so I didnā€™t react to people flagging the post, instead decided to call out the person.

6 Likes

Why not using IB as operating account and transfer e.g. every 150k to SwissQuote? The max you are paying is CHF 200 p.a., since it is only a buy and hold portfolio.

1 Like

Heā€™s a f*cking joke, unbelivable :joy:
Will definitely never open an account there, thatā€™s for sure.

2 Likes

This is a bit sad for a Ā« junior sales & marketing Ā» employee to make a mistake like thisā€¦ anyway.

He should have communicate about their dropping fees, or at least their minimum fees. Some month ago, if you wanted to trade equity or ETF in Switzerland or USA, it cost you a minimum of 20 CHF or 25 USD, now itā€™s 6.50 CHF or 6.50 USD, quite an improvement, still expensive in comparison of IB or Degiro :slight_smile:

Disclaimer, I donā€™t use their platform but hope they will shake a bit the broker industry in Switzerland, if SQ donā€™t drop their fees before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plot twist: what if this move was made by competition (hence the mistake of putting the real name in the profile) and the poor fellow has no idea of what has happened? Maybe someone should reach out to him on LinkedIn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is a possibility but he deleted his post and removed hist firstname lastname from his profile so my hypothesis is that he is now trying to hide himself in order not to get a bad reputation and hopes that his managers will never hear about this :wink:

5 Likes

Even if that was the case, itā€™d be enough for me not to go into business with them.

If these posts came from them: Shame.
If they are in a market segment where this is how their competitors act: I donā€™t want to be their target audience.

Iā€™d say: let the man live. I would not like him to lose his job because he tried to make some fake word of mouth. 99% of the time it goes undetected and unpunished.

What do you think, should we help him out and clean up this mess or at least remove his name from the posts?

1 Like

Any publicity is good publicity.

MP forum are quite high on Googleā€™s preferenceā€¦

OK I guess Iā€™ve cleaned up all personally identifiable information. GDPR creators would be proud :smiley:

1 Like

FYI, in the change history of this comment, you still find the link to their linkedin account, I wonder if you can nuke the change history.

How about now? Still visible?

Looks good, canā€™t access any info