Degiro discussion

Yep, time to say good bye now even for the junior depot. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I’m fed up with it too - not even the costs itself - I don’t have that many transactions - but the way they keep doing this. Boiling the frog.

Still looking for a usable buy-and-hold broker in EU to diversify a bit though.

1 Like

Apparently @San_Francisco has tried out some German brokers.
I am not sure what would be the best solution at the moment. Smartbroker? Flatex?

2 Likes

People earning 6-digits salaries complaining about a CHF 1 fee. I don‘t know if this thread is satire.

7 Likes

Yes and I keep wondering if FlatexDegiro has a cunning plan to kill Degiro after it’s acquisition :laughing:

The problem is the same as Swissquote adding stealth fees like the 0.3% custody fees above 1 mill, or when Degiro increased the forex fees by 150%: Where is the higher quality in service to compensate for these fees? Why is IBKR lowering their fees constantly while Degiro just can’t go a year without price hikes? Like someone said above, this is clearly the “boiling the frog” strategy where they keep trying to see what the can get away with.

2 Likes
  • It’s the third increase in fees since December 2021
  • Depending on the transaction amount, 1 CHF (on top of the other fees) can be substantial

Others complain that at the age of 32, with an income 50% above the median, they have underachieved
 :slight_smile:

A thing I hated from the beginning was that Degiro charged for paying me dividends.

I’m not complaining about their fees. I’ m complaining about their unpredictable behaviour and constant changes, which is not something that I like from a broker in particular. Although you could say that price increases might have become something predictable, now that I think of it.

I just don’t like to have to read the fine print every few months to figure out where they hid new costs this time.

3 Likes

Degiro saying the updated FREE ETF list is due to KID issue they had so maybe they will replace VWCE there

1 Like

That doesnt necessarilyhave to be a bad thing. A lot of ETFs on that list were, as far as I recall the last time I checked, quite trashy.

For what it’s worth: I was able to buy VWCE @ Degiro at the beginning of this month. A German KID was available in the documents section.

1 Like

I’d admire their pragmatism, were it not for their dilettantism. I mean
 fulfilling their legal duties in offering the product with something crowdsourced from their own customers?

3 Likes

Well certainly some crowd members are pretty good with Indesign and Deepl
 but jokes aside, yes, that is a whole new level of professionalism.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath.

Some brokers in Czechia seem to have them translated to the Czech language for their customers. And someone apprently provided Degiro with the link. Degiro though replied that they “can only accept links from issuer’s website not from another broker.”

Also, they are supposedly “working with ETF vendors” on getting such documents.

(So why would they enlist their clients those KIID documents at vendors’ sites themselves?)

1 Like

Maybe my sarcasm got lost a bit, but yes, it seems they know what they have to do, but find a lot of excuses to postpone doing it.