Declare stock trading / tax advisor Geneva

Hello fellow stock pickers,

Last year i had like 600+ transactions (buy/sell). So I guess I will be taxed as professional investor.

I need to list every single transaction? This seems a massive work…

Anyone recommends a tax advisor in Geneva?

1 Like

Can’t your broker report? Swissquote offers this (at a cost)

1 Like

Yes, but it’s not a Swiss broker (Interactive Brokers) so from what I understand, it’s not in the “swiss format” and I can’t use it.

Am I wrong? Wonder if a fiduciare can issue a report based on IB report… I will probably book a meeting with one.

1 Like

I would be happy to know the price :slight_smile:

You mean with Swissquote you don’t need to type/write things into the regular DA-1/Wertschriftsverzeichnis form, but just a doc from them is sufficient for submission?

I included the activity summary from IBKR in my Geneva tax return. If they request more details I will provide them. Similar approach was accepted by them for other non Swiss brokers in the past

2 Likes

For da-1 I believe used the official USA 1042 form available in IBKR which shows total US dividends and tax withheld across all shares. I just entered the total in DA-1 without breakdown by share

3 Likes

I hope so. Otherwise CHF 100.- were a bit of a rip-off

https://www.swissquote.ch/sqw-newsletter/tip_details/20140127/janvier2014/7?l=d&utm_medium=0-de&utm_source=nl20140127