CS to launch new digital banking offering

Apparently, there is a possibility to open a savings account, with a Cash Service card.

But is it possible to open a Euro account on CSX as well?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am looking for your advise.

I opened a CSX account, transferred around 1k CHF and all seemed well.
I change the destination account for my salary to that account and once I tried to make a payment, it shows as “Provisional” and if I look deeper it is pending from the bank side.

I contacted the support line several times and they told me that this is a technical problem that locked my account and that they are working on it.

In the end my account is still locked for no reason since the 22nd. What is the best course of action?
Go to a bank branch in person?

The person working on this issue told me that I didn’t need to do that but this situation is really annoying.

Well, support told you you don’t need to go. Bank branches can hardly anything do on the spot themselves to unfreeze your account, the particular payment, or solve any other problem with their backend system. Most probably even less so on an (predominantly) online account.

…unless, maybe, they do have a compliance problem due to missing your ID documents.

1 Like

No missing documents, just an error when transferring data from Swisscom to Credit Suisse.
It’s just really annoying that it’s taking so long to fix it

Well I assume they were on holidays until yesterday. Maybe try to call again today?

1 Like

I did that today and yesterday, they told me that it should be fixed yesterday but still nothing.
Unfortunately it seems like I will have to wait.

Thank you for the input everyone

These posts are so informative — thanks to all of you for these details. I’m infuriated because, as a dual US-Swiss citizen, my options are extremely limited. I was sold on Neon, then CSX…but it seems like my only option is to pay UBS or CS exorbitant amounts just because they’re willing/able to send tax documents/reports back to Big Brother, USA. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don’t care so much about cash withdrawals; I just need a Swiss IBAN and debit card… Very grateful for any suggestions you have I may have overlooked.

Thanks, Patron. I thought PostFinance had hiked up its fees, but I’ll do some more research. Yuh doesn’t accept US citizens and I’m assuming it’s the same for Zak. I’ll check out the cantonal banks here in GE. My income is so meager that I don’t qualify for any of the reductions granted to bigger investors, unfortunately :slight_smile:

Hypothekarbank Lenzburg is an exchange-listed company though and not government-owned, is it?

1 Like

How come you obviously are (or have been) a Zak customer then - considering they’ve been a subsidiary of Basler Kantonalbank for more than 20 years?

:wink:

1 Like

No SBB or other public transportation? Or post? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s enough choice. I really can’t think of any privately-owned parcel service that won’t accept accept and deliver document shipments. Most services will even offer such exquisite and consumer-friendly service that they’ll even pick it up at your doorstep.

You just seem to be a bit too cheap to stick to your own principles there, aren’t you?

1 Like

off-topic:

…and exactly that can be done by parcel services.

That’s just a convenience for customers (maybe?) and them (definitely).
But you can just send and deliver to their registered company address.*

While that may be uncommon domestically and unexpected to receive customer communication that way, it’s not complicated or problematic at all*. Companies are set up to receive parcels all the time. Not only for supplies, but they’re also legally obliged to provide a physical address where they’re able to receive things. If they can’t, they risk swiftly losing their domicile in the companies register.

And for anything personal we’d rather use Email or a Messenger nowadays, don’t we?

* PS: …where, at big corporations, your mail will often end up at their corporate HQ and/or physical mail rather than customer service. And that will have people used and able to deal with your mail swiftly and competently, rather than your normal customer service ape. Cause big corporations won’t risk legal communication lying around for days or weeks.

Worst case, they’ll forward it to customer support and you lose a day or two. Often though, they’ll escalate it to someone competent outside of the normal queue, i.e. much faster/better. Especially if you’re filing a complaint and they have a complaint handling procedure/department.

Do you realize that Swiss Post was rated as best in the world for the third time in a row? I wouldn’t agree that they are not innovative … take the recent NFT Stamp as an example.

1 Like

I’m not here to judge people or dispute everything they say personally.
Couldn’t resist pointing out though how one could be even firmer in - and live up to - one’s own his principles. :wink:

And, honestly, it’s quite an intriguing question:
Can you live without products or services from government-owned providers (to what degree and how?)

I‘m bit perplexed though about the characterisation of Swiss Post as one of the very least innovative companies.
Even from a basic end-user perspective they‘ve done quite a bit (SMS postage, change of delivery options online, Swiss Post Box spring to my mind)

1 Like

You are all feeding a troll in the wrong thread.

3 Likes

My wife has her account with CSX. I wonder what’s going to happen with this one, once the takeover is finalized …
Any bet ? Is UBS offering any similar free product ?

Will be merged to their Key4 offering would be my guess.

2 Likes

Mmm… from 0 to 8 CHF/m… not a very good deal, in that case.
Best choice would be to move to Yuh, I guess

I sincerely doubt they will force free CSX accounts to a paid UBS plan. Likely to have good 6-9 months until the takeover is complete, I consider any worries until then premature.

As a CSX current user myself - the hotline is awesome and both app and internet banking interface excellent, particularly compared to the abysmal UI that UBS-retail has - I would be moving to ZKB instead for 1CHF/mo. Creditcards are external provider than bank, anyway. Open question what happens with Swisscard and how UBS continues the Amex cooperation.

1 Like