Crash of LUNA and UST

Oh, I even have to remove it from my index (more about it later). On Monday I calculated my index and it was in position 7, and at some point it was number 5 I think.

ā€œā€""ā€œStableā€"""""coin :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the tip! I see 25% p.a. locked stacking at Binance, max 200 UST. Crazy indeed!

Also staking UST with swissborg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Terra/Luna is a well established project and they were offering the 19.5% through Terra app since a long time nowā€¦ just previously UST was only accessible via Terra (Anchor protocol) and KuCoin I guessā€¦.

Recently UST became accessible through a lot of major exchanges so it became much simpler to get the earningsā€¦ and itā€™s very profitable for all of them as wellā€¦

I guess itā€™s as legit and stable as a stablecoin can beā€¦ from the fundamentals I cannot any major problem / risks ( I mean similar like Usdt, usdc etcā€¦)

It not a Ponzi, itā€™s on treasury, they refilled the reserve few months ago with $500M as it was running empty. So itā€™s like a big marketing compaign.
Actually as itā€™s not sustainable the APR will start to decrease in May, expected 1,5 decrease reassessed every month.

I use my Cex platform to stake UST, but itā€™s 8 to 10% (without any limit though and no lock up period for the 8% tier)

1 Like

yeah sureā€¦ 20% interest just means i have 5 years till i need to give you more than just your money.
Also do they have any obligation to keep the ust peg 1 to 1? Like what happens if one day the just say ā€œsorry folks code went badā€?

How does the LFG profit? Is it greater than to just run off with all the money?

I honestly dont trust this ā€œalgoritmic stablecoinā€ backed by a crypto, that had to buy another crypto to be stable. Also looking at the circulating supply it does not seem that LUNA is getting burned, the supply seems still the same?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not a Ponzi, a ponzi is a pyramidal scheme. Anchor is payed on treasury. And as I said, itā€™s going to decrease. Itā€™s more an expensive marketing campaign.

Code can go bad in crypto yes. And Tether is a big Ponzi running for years (but itā€™s seems like itā€™s coming to an end) most people donā€™t realize it or donā€™t care.

Nope itā€™s not burnt, I think itā€™s locked.

1 Like

Yes but it should show on CMC but the number is almost the same as when LUNA price was 1/100.
Also to buy the BTC they announced they did not have to sell any LUNA but just ā€œconvertedā€ or ā€œlocked/burnedā€ LUNA to UST and bought BTC?

Well, it sure as hell, is an interesting one, but i would not get into it.

I donā€™t like PoS so I donā€™t hold any Luna (even if I follow it since Nov 20, it was around 25c back then haha)

And now I see 21.66% for 90 days and 18.95% for 30 days. So the yields seem to be falling.

Moreover, I noticed that at Binance the yield on Locked Stacking subscriptions that I subscribed before have also dropped! So money are locked, but yields arenā€™t. Nice! Forces me to rethink my yield generation strategy.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an interesting point indeed!
First time I see the % within the locked period in locked savings to be changing in Binanceā€¦

Not sure if Binance just uses the earn functionality from the Anchor Protocol and takes a cut. If itā€™s the case, then it might be due to a recent governance proposal that passed. There will be a dynamic rate which is more sustainable, but in the short term, we should be seeing a the earn rate drop 1.5% every month until itā€™s sustainable.

1 Like

Not available anymore at Binance. I already maxed out the subscription for 90 days, others are sold out and not available. The party is over?

Well as I understood from the community / governance votingā€™s it was suggested something like reducing the APR 1,5% per month until it gets to a sustainable levelā€¦ not sure about the details or the implementation planā€¦

Still you can put USDT at the flexible savings (you can withdraw anytime you want) with pretty decent 10% APR

This is about Binance? The limits for the 10% interest rate tier are 2000 USDT and 500 BUSD, so I have a long way to maxing it out.

1 Like

USDT is a ponzi scam tied to Binance (aka define shady company) with almost nothing to back it.
UST is an algorithmic stablecoin so unstable.

USDc is the only big stable backed 1:1 with dollars.

Its Bitfinex.

Binance has Busd.

2 Likes

1 Like

Here another perspective on the UST caseā€¦ :thread:
(Iā€™m not really following the situation, and I donā€™t know enough about itā€¦ so I wonā€™t be able to engage the discussion.)