CHF accounts with best interest rates: discussion

We’re up to 1.25% already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interests are back:
0.4% till 25k then 0 on savings account

Better than nothing?

3 Likes

4.08% on USD balance at IB

If you can bear the exchange rate risk, that is by far the best interest I found for cash and where I put my idle cash.
EDIT: maybe it is possible to use some futures to hedge the CHF value and still have an interest above all CHF accounts wirhout any risks

You can hedge it with USD/CHF forward contracts, but the forward rate should be the current rate minus the difference between American and the Swiss rates (covered interest rate parity). When looking at the current 1Y forward rates (0.887), this is pretty much the case.

So you will only be hedging against the scenario that the USD depreciates even more against CHF.

1 Like

With the current continuation of rate hikes, this should lead to banks in Switzerland offering increased and great savings interests on saving accounts.
What is currently the best savings account and its saving interest rate?
I have Credit suisse and they offer nothing.

1 Like

Would suggest to use the search function

Valiant 1.5 % for up to a year, up to 250k.
Max withdrawal 10k.

1 Like
  • Automatische Umwandlung in ein Lila Sparkonto (Zinsstufe 4) per 01.03.2024
  • Rückzüge: CHF 10 000.00 pro Jahr frei, darüber frühestens kündbar auf 1. März 2024 mit einer Kündigungsfrist von sechs Monaten. Beispiel: Sofern die Kündigung per 31.08.2023 erfolgt, kann das Guthaben per 01.03.2024 bezogen werden. Bei Verletzung der Rückzugsbedingungen wird eine Kommission von 2 % belastet.

Hmm, without me, I want to be able to move my money everytime I want without charge and other “stupid” conditions.

Then after one year, you have their “Lila Spartkonto” with their 0.4% and with their limitation too.

But at least, they make an effort with their stunning 1.5%.

Which bank offers the highest interest rates without strict rules (e.g withdrawal notice period ≤ 1month)?

LUKB has 0.75%, but you need a privat account (2 / 3 CHF per month).
Zuger KB has 0.65%, private account needed as well (free for “Konto fix” package).

I don’t think you need a private account for LuKB savings. Just give them a call.

Hi there,

I am thinking about this one, but giving the fact that FED interest rates are likely close to the end, dollar will likely drop its value but I think it will still give you a posisitve i% when coverted back to CHF.

Any other view?

Yes.

2 Likes

1.8% on the wir saving plus account for one year. Free account.
Withdawal to be announced 6month before it seems. Cash has to come from another bank.

4 Likes

Up to 20’000 CHF it’s for free and at any time. Above 20’000 CHF.
Could be an option for a tax account as the tax offices do not give out any interests.

1 Like

It’s not the type of the account where you have to be their “investor”, right?

I wonder if it is possible to open without a checking account and as a joint account.

Yes, just had a call with them, you do not need any shares from them and it’s possible to only have the savings account and no checking account. Not sure about joint account, but they were very helpful and you can open the account directly by phone, so I’d ask them.

3 Likes

No, I assumed that you can choose because of the “Wir beraten Sie zum gegebenen Zeitpunkt gerne über Ihre Möglichkeiten.”. But let’s see what the contract states. I guess the alternative is just to announce the withdrawal 6 month before the end of the bonus period. Then you can do whatever you want with the money.

1 Like

Just had them on the Phone. After one year the money stays on the same bank account… The interets rate will have to be redetermined by then but are now announced at 0.6% after 31.03.24

5 Likes

From 1.5 Postfinance raise their rates for the savings account:
0.70% up to CHF 50,000
0.25% over CHF 50,000
previously it was:
0.40% up to CHF 25,000
0.00% over CHF 25,000

Let the battle begins :slight_smile:
Maybe we should post here all the new rates of all banks and change the title?

5 Likes

Best offer I found is LUKB with 0.8% for the first 100k.

Valiant offers 1.5% for funds transferred from other banks to them, but the money is blocked for 12 months. And the rate thereafter unknown…

2 Likes