CHF accounts with best interest rates: discussion

Sorry, was replying to an old post of yours, see below. A lil out of context :smile:

Same goes for the Viac offer, just a sticker rate, no?

1 Like

I see, now I got it, thanks :smile:

Some day, we’ll all need lawyers to do due diligence before transferring any money to anyone

As an information: do you need to pay taxes on yields of saving accounts? Are they considered as income?

I didn’t think so, but I now start to have doubts

Yes, it falls under income.

2 Likes

Of course it is considered as an income and must be declared as such.

1 Like

New offer with 1.5% up to 250k (without any withdrawal restrictions): The new bank reinventing banking & investing | radicant bank ag

It is a subsidiary of BLKB, but without state guarantee. Maybe BLKB would use their state guarantee to fill any holes in the balance sheet, but I still would not risk it for >100k.

3 Likes

I am checking it. If somebody would like to try it as well and needs the Radicant referral code (50 CHF for both), feel free to PM me.

Cembra now offers a savings account with 1.85%: Savings account Plus - our highest interest rates | Cembra

A withdrawal of 20,000 Fr. every 180 days is possible, larger amounts need to be announced 6 months in advance.

7 Likes

Nice. At first glance, I see no catch, except having to be attentive regarding interest rate changes:

1 As of: 01.02.2024. The effective interest rate may be adjusted by the Bank at any time and without prior announcement.

Thex also offer a 1.5% saving account with 3 months notice only if you need more flexiblity.

100k protection: check.

A little bit out of topic.
I just wanted to mentioned that there is no 100% protection for your assets bellow 100K.

If a bank’s insolvency leads to a situation where the deposits exceed the available funds in the deposit protection scheme, the actual payout to depositors might be limited. Even if your deposits are less than 100K!
Of course the government could intervene ++.
Mind the “up to” in the “up to 100K”. It does not refer only to the level of your deposits but also to the extend the protection scheme can cover your deposits.

Again, apologies for the off topic. I was very surprised when I realized that and I feel that it may not be clear for everybody.

6 Likes

True. That’s why significant amounts of cash are safer invested into money market funds.

I was trying to open an account at Cembra, am I the only one? :frowning:

2% at the caisse d’épargne d’Aubonne with thoses conditions. Still a bit to small of a structure for me to make a moove… Maybe I’m beeing paranoiac.

Pour répondre à vos questions, le taux de 2% pour le compte épargne plus n’est pas un taux fixe. En effet, il dépend de la décision de la BNS. Toutefois, en tant que Caisse d’épargne, nous tenons à avoir les taux les plus attractifs.

De plus, nous vous confirmons que l’ouverture ainsi que la clôture de compte n’engendrent aucun frais et que vous pouvez avoir un accès e-Banking gratuit que vous recevrez si vous le désirez.

Concernant les transferts, il est possible de faire quelques transferts par année en sachant qu’il y a une limite de CHF 10’000 par an (préavis de 12 mois pour le surplus).

Love le taux de 2%, but for just 10k it’s not worth the hassle to me. And as far as I see, they offer le taux de zéro for >10k. Dommage!

No, it is still 2% interest for any amount, you can just not withdraw more than 10k in a year

2 Likes

Viac savings account plus: I’m not sure,

• can you open one without having it coupled to a current account (fee 2.50/month)?
  • They do not explicitly mention if there’s fees for the account termination, do they?

About termination fees: Coop Depositenkasse has a 20chf termination fee.

1 Like

Which is acceptable.

1 Like