Checkboxes for extremely lazy people (who still want to reach FIRE)

Unless you have a cash account. But yes: it’s an option if you have a margin account

can‘t you just change it anytime you want?

Good point. I didn’t check for my account, but it could be possible that you can just change on the fly.
I just remember that you had to select the right trading experience, and then IB is checking for a few days before granting you the permission for the margin account (I have two accounts with them)

why Viac and not Finpension?

1 Like

Thank you Nabalzbhf. I have a newbie question, will there be an impact on your return if you invest only 2 times a year? :o To me, it can affect the dividends which are distributed every quarter?

1 Like

Good point, adding it :slight_smile:

No, when dividends are distributed the share price decreases by the same amount. So it doesn’t matter whether you invest before or ofter the dividend payment date.
What matters is the time in the market, the longer the better.

4 Likes

Good point, thanks!
I see I can’t edit anymore so I’m adding a link here.

Why you should open multiple pillar 3a

Side note, do you know if you’ll be subject to the same tax if you withdraw the 3rd pillar to leave Switzerland? (ie not 5 years before retirement)

Withholding tax charged at the seat of your provider’s foundation. Plus taxes in your new country of residence (if applicable, you may be able to reclaim WHT in many cases then).

it doesn’t matter long term. As your investment grows the missed time in market is negligible.

1 Like

Make sure that whatever you think beats inflation after taxes