Cheapest way to buy VWRL at IB

You can always check the spread for SIX under https://www.six-group.com/exchanges/funds/security_info_de.html?id=IE00B3RBWM25CHF4.
Currently, around 0.17%

1 Like

I always thought the spread was the difference between buying for - selling for (geld-brief) which would make it a little over 1% in the screenshot.
So what is the time-average spread of 0.14%, or probably 0.17% when you looked?
Does the market maker step in and “settle” at this spread or something?

Go under Spread to see the details.
Yes, the spread displayed is based on the sell and buy order, not on the order book

1 Like

Can you buy VWRL in IB?
I dont get any result when searching: VWRL. any help?

Yes.
On EBS, LSE, AEB exchanges.

But why would you want that, if you have access to VT?

I just moved to IB. I dont know what should be the best way to manage my current slack of VWRL in DEGIRO.
Options:

1. sell in degiro, transfer the money to IB and buy VT
  2. ask IB to move the positions from DEGIRO to IB- not sure about the cost? and then, maybe sell VWRL and buy VT.

I am a bit concerned with the taxes people, i dont want them to qualify me as profesional investor.

Any tip?

Can somebody please stop the FUD about the professional investor status …for good?

That said, I‘d definitely sell at DeGiro and repurchase at IBKR unless either

1. The costs of the funds transfer (bank transfer and currency conversion) are high, or
  2. If there‘s any capital gains tax kicking in on sale (not a Swiss one but a foreign one, this should only apply to special cases. In most cases you‘d probably benefit from higher cost base, if anything)
5 Likes

They won’t, you can ignore that concern.

The costs of transfer should be (primarily) on the Degiro side, not the IB side.
So it’s Degiro that you should check with - fee is per position.
IB should be able to finish it off at their end without any fees. (At least it was the case in my case)

Depending on the amount of funds in question, it might be more economical to sell & repurchase.

Thanks! I guess that it does not make sense to move VWRL to IB and the sell it and buy VT, so I would likely sell them in DEGIRO and buy it in IB for the same amount.

Or, maybe is cheaper to transfer to IB, pay the fees to DEGIRO and then do the currency conversion directly in IB since otherwise I will need to do (EUR–>CHF–>USD). Dont you think?

Personally, I would keep it simple (and probably cheaper) and - sell at Degiro, send CHF to IB, convert them to USD and buy VT.