Can any CHF credit card beat a EUR credit card + fx conversion for non-CHF expenses?

Update more for archival reasons, e. g. for users that are looking for a decent credit card from a Swiss provider:
I’m happy with my combination of Revolut and a Maestro card from an EUR account from an EU bank, but need a separate “real” =credit card for particular reasons.

The following two cards came out on top after using the calculator at moneyland:

I was surprised that the difference was that large for my particular profile:

• ~600 CHF of fees over the first 2 years for the two cheapest options
  • 1.000-1.2000 CHF for the options 3 through 10
    But as they say: You mileage may vary, so play around with the calculator.

Honorable mention for existing Swissquote users:
The Swissquote credit card which works with more currencies than normal Swiss card providers and gives trading cash instead of cashback.
It should be stressed that this is not supposed to be an endorsement of any of the mentioned cards. I ended up getting the Migros Cumulus card, and it’s a good compromise between convenience and fees (which are not too important for me in this particular case).

Just adding options for users that may also have a specific profile where the usual suspects (Neon, Revolut, IBKR, EU bank) are not an option.

Cheers,
J.

1 Like

Also, keep in mind that you can often check in / block a deposit on a (Swiss) credit card - but still settle the final bill with a debit card at more favourable conditions.