Buy or rent real estate in Switzerland

The whole report is a good read.

2 Likes

dont you feel this substantially misleading ?

which of the above shall convince me to trust in any of their words? the libral or the 1843?

who are they to make such statement applicable everywhere?

But without striptrolling this topic, I just do not believe that any kind of example or theory can be applicable at ech country worlwide.
So thank you for pointing, and you seem to be agree to that, that people can have different point of view already on the basis of their origin. A philippino will never see the world the same as I see it.
Just ask the Germans if they like their prosperity, housing and their economy. Do you like that? Is the swiss way of housing to be copy past at enywhere on Earth? I do not think it would fit witout the same banking system, without the same Alps around and without the same hystory of developing country.

This one is even better

How wonderful is that plan, we all going to believe in only one common way of thinking and doing , suggested by a big multilateral organisation created by a business man who feels like no more interst in earning money but only giving and supporting the entyre population on Earth. I am already amazed. I believe the statue in that German city is also smiling
TRIER

Have you read the report?

No, I didnt. Not having subscription to it and anyhow I am not really interested in misinterpreting explanation from those who only understand their voice and one fit to all approach. Insted I gave you two examples by the links how the modern marxists try to take over the whole world just right now. It is a hard thing for me to see this happening , but this is an off topic. What you are referring to is trendy title in online space pointing that one thing (housing) is the cause of many problems. Tomorrow another thing will run in to similar fancy online title but will not tell the reality. Just like the Davos meeting this week. Heavy blabla but far away from real world.
Greta Thunberg
Or another one, which also will come and tell you what couses the problem of reach west world
Shame on her

You appear to not have heard of the Economist, so I was simply stating that what it was (i.e., it’s not the Huffington Post or Vox or something like that). You are obviously free to believe whatever you want and I do agree that no single solution is applicable everywhere.

I am honestly really confused about your agenda. I also have no idea how you managed to drag George Soros, Karl Marx and Greta Thunberg into this debate :thinking: but congratulations on this improbable feat.

So, on that note (and before any other boogeymen/women enter this thread), I respectfully conclude my participation in this internet debate.

The paywal can be circumvented by disabling javascript. You can do that in the ublock origin menu.

Why do you bring up all that unrelated stuff?

My citats relating the same way as you link have been relating. You know, I am not citating here anything until you dont start doing it. But you did. So I did the same. Now you play like not understanding. Well…

Interesting report, one of several views and analysis. I do agree mostly with the analysis, but not with the conclusion of this report - especially not the Swiss part: “Switzerland’s planning system goes a long way to explaining why populism has so far not taken off there.” Too simplification of a conclusion by mixing up causality and correlation IMO. But appreciate such reports, I always like to read different voices and take something out of it.

I was only trying to make u understand that do not citate here nonsense material what misleading people and I gave you example how misleading they are.
I was more interested in you personal view and suggestion on the topic. If your linked video was your personal view and input , well, it is not really a good one for someone reading this and trying to understand things and the way those work.
Now you leave the scene demonstrating your superiority is kind of tipical but not as infrequent :slight_smile:

And why banks in CH do not give you mortgage by the base of actual mortgage rate but using 5% instead? Does this report give you the answer for this question? How long do the banks follow this “rule” still? I believe this is a more relevant question to the renting buying subject. Or are they going to change the mortgage system from the “mortgage for life” to “closed end” one?

a) relax and b) the 5% rule mitigate a similar melt down situation, as the US house market had in 2007-2008.

a) agree
b) I know, it was not a real question from me, but I was missing this to be discussed in this topic.
I believe it is an important part of the comparison. Especially when the US housing market crash earthquaked the whole EU but any swiss market change will not make big wince on Earth.

1 Like

On this topic, there is the new documentary Slumdog Millionaire on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/mf/title/70095140 It’s crazy how some renters are treated in New York

Fintool started a video series around you question (in German). The second video is here.

1 Like