ARK Invest - ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK)

Why buy a fund with 10% Tesla if you are mainly convinced just of Tesla alone?

Why not just use 5% of your assets for Tesla alone? What’s the worst that could happen? Reducing your return from 6% to 5.7% for example if Tesla goes to 0?

I was very close to investing in it last august when I put money into KBA. I chickened out and did not. Now I regret missing the rally. Right now I am pouring money into small cap value. Maybe next year, I’ll regret again.

1 Like

It would be interesting to know how much TSLA has contributed to the performance of the fund.

A tech fund would be better, but tech companies are already a big part of a total index fund. So back at the total market recommandation

Tesla already blew up. Yes, maybe it will go even higher, to $7000, but I feel like the biggest growth potential is already behind us, after it went from $200 to $1800. And I don’t think that Tesla is the only company under the sun that can change the World. 0.75% is a substantial price to pay, but maybe the ARK people are onto something. I don’t have the time to investigate every tech startup with potential.

Someone mentioned ARKx on this forum a few weeks ago, it’s the first time I’d heard of it. I have VGT & some Medtech & Biotech Index ETF’s, so I’m a bit wary of making it more complicated, and also having positions covered multiple times.
But I like the feel of ARKK & ARKW, if this rally hadn’t gone crazy in these weeks, I might’ve jumped on board.

If you have reach $1800 on Tesla you probably check enough often for stock picking and select what you want with you own percentage. Not really understand why people take and pay fee on ETF. You can duplicate this ETF by picking stock and let grow these stocks like ETF or even check if ETF change something in his strategy but you can remove all stock not wanted too.

The answer is minimalism and not wanting to track percentages all the time.

Btw I opened YouTube last evening and one of the suggested videos was this… like Google knows what I’m looking for…

This guys describes the top 10 companies in the ETF, tells what they do and their recent performance. He’s not too excited about them except for Tesla.

What is this Youtubers investment performance record? I know for a fact that Katie Wood does not bad at all.

Another famous female tech analyst is Beth Kindig, worth a quick google search for some actionable ideas.

I know, he’s just some youtuber, when I turned on this video I thought the same. But he gives you a quick recap of what the companies are. It’s not like they all got a Tesla-esque story behind them, at least not at first glance. By the way, I checked Square headquarters on Google Maps and there they have a 2/5 star rating and lots of angry reviews saying “they keep my $1000 and don’t answer my calls”, “there is no way to contact them” etc.

1 Like

That’s how valuation of stocks works today. Google reviews and some random Youtube videos xD

1 Like

But seriously, you hear that this company is so great, it’s a bank killer, such potential, much modern, wow. And then it’s doesn’t even get customer satisfaction right. How else are you gonna convince yourself to invest with someone? You can’t just take what they tell at face value. Maybe they’re just good at bullshitting, maybe they got one thing right and now it looks like they got it all right.

1 Like

I’m not sure why maps reviews on the HQ listing are relevant. Almost by definition they’ll only get negative reviews (it’s not a place you visit like a restaurant or a shop, so the only people who’ll bother are those not happy with the company).

1 Like

For tesla I found that but not know source so search by yourself if interested by this company :slight_smile:

For California registrations, which differ from vehicle deliveries, Tesla’s Model 3 registrations plunged by 63.6 percent to 5,951 vehicles in the second quarter, Cross-Sell data seen by Reuters showed.

Tesla’s registrations in the 23 U.S. states where Cross-Sell collected data showed a 49-percent slump to 18,702 vehicles.

1 Like

That‘s somewhat expected. Tesla produces on batches for the European market and then batches for the US market. They have to switch production from time to time. So if there are no US Models produced then there will be no US registrations. Also people buy the Model Y in the US nowadays.

So @Bojack did you buy some arkk?

Nope, I always take a long time before I make a decision. Shopping with me is a nightmare :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting to see that ARKK invests in CH companies. Do you know which one? I went through the holdings and didn’t recognize any (and was to lazy to search them all :yum:):

That’s probably all CRISPR Therapeutics, listed on Nasdaq but “home” is an office/letterbox at Aeschenvorstadt 36, 4051 Basel.

Had ARK on my radar, like the concept to spot the next potential technological disruption and put those into a ETF basket. Square sounds great, but the real potential is probably that Jack Dorsey (CEO Twitter) is also the CEO of Square. To invest 5-10% in such ETF and diverse your portfolio would make sense in my opinion.

So do I. So does the market (P/E > 100).

1 Like
By reading and partipating to this forum, you confirm you have read and agree with the disclaimer presented on http://www.mustachianpost.com/
En lisant et participant à ce forum, vous confirmez avoir lu et être d'accord avec l'avis de dégagement de responsabilité présenté sur http://www.mustachianpost.com/fr/