Any free USD bank account in Switzerland?

On IB there is a position transfer type called FOP (free of payment) for US stocks, which should be as its name suggests. I remember it was something related to that, but not 100%, it was a bit of a long process overall.
On the sending side (Equatex) I had it without fees as far as I recall too. Can double check to verify.

Sorry for my late reply, I’ve been out-of-home for few days.

Ok, so at that point I’ll just use IB as bank account.

About transfering shares between MS and IB, I’ve read in osme place that is needed a “cash account” on IB, while I see that currently my account is “margin”. I still have to double check that and eventually how to change my type of account.

In general, thank you very much for all your replies. It was pretty interesting and I’ve learnt new stuffs

cash or margin account should not matter, the problem for sending USD is that the origin account needs to be unter your name. But that could be different if you transfer shares. Just make sure to not violate the trading windows…

It does if your employer policy forbids it :slight_smile: For companies with no-trading periods, it’s usually the case that you’re not allowed to hold company shares in margin accounts since you can’t enforce no trade rules (which can trigger with margin calls).

@tex91 honestly if MS makes it hard or costly to do wire transfers, consider switching to CS next year. I have no issues wiring to IB (either domestic wire or ACH, domestic wires are same day). Also consider using the 10b5-1 plan (employee trading plan) to automatically sell your shares.

1 Like