Aliexpress for small items

I was doing something similar myself when I set up online a whitelabel search with a metasearch engine for hotels. Unfortunately I lost that because I didn’t have much traffic. I mostly get back money from my own reservations :slight_smile:

BTW that could be a nice way for @_MP to make money for the blog…

Note that a lot of stuff you can get from AE, you can also get on eBay. The price oftentimes is very comparable or even lower on eBay for the exact same generic item but you only wait a week (be sure to filter for sellers in the EU) rather than a month or two from AE. Amazon also has a lot of the same items for double or triple the price if you’re in a rush but meh, why pay so much for random Chinese crap vs eBay/AE?

1 Like

Probably mostly due to urgency of getting it? I ordered 2 phone cases for my wife like 2 months ago on Aliexpress and they arrived today. Total cost including shipping: 3.50 CHF

Yeah that’s what I mean. Although if you’re in a rush, check eBay. It’s cheaper than Amazon and a lot is available from UK/DE sellers which takes as long to receive as amazon.de orders but for a fraction of the price.

I think AliExpress is way ahead of the curve (perhaps not in a good way), my SO recently discovered a feature where you upload a picture and search a similar item… for many, many objects on Amazon you can find the same on AE.

That’s my biggest issue with Amazon, their search function works very very poorly. They always try to trick you into buying another item than the one you’re looking for.

I’m so angry sometimes with all those sites. Two big downsides that probably move people away:

1. keyword stuffing. This is for all sites. amazon as well. You look for a specific item, you find all series of item correlated to it (almost like “i can’t believe it’s not butter”). I hate it.
  2. f…ing item groups. This is only if you order by price. They put two items together, usually one almost unrelated supercheap one to an expensive one. So that they can show the prices from 0.99-10…where the 0.99 is maybe a photo of the item or some accessory. Perfectly legal since ebay and co is a bit scummy.
1 Like

More transactions fee on eBay/Paypal so most item are most expensive on eBay but we speak about 1/2.- nothing worth time to compare :slight_smile:

@MrCheese it’s the Swiss Post who store during weeks letters. Sometime you receive tracking with the flight number of CN Swiss flight coming directly to Zurich and you received 1 month later your letter :smiley:
The best two letters in the same flight number same hour same day one come 2 days later other 1 month later :smiley:
One have a international tracking number the second only CN tracking number but with the flight used…

@ma0 The best way is sort the number of ordering product on AE. People have already do the job to search best price or best item so just trust them and not lost your time. Time is money so keep your time :wink:
If AE not play with numbers but you have always reviews.

The best way is to sort the number of ordered product on AE. (past tense. they have already been ordered)

There is a problem in that reasoning. People do trick the numbers a lot. It doesn’t cost you much to order from yourself a lot of items if you send them inside china. You just pay the taxes and that’s it. Sellers do that to improve their ratings. Sad but true.

1 Like

It’s true seller/AE/AI can play and show you high fake numbers on some items but that’s give me the best results by removing these items with range of price with an unavailable item at 0.01$ :slight_smile:

I spend a little time to sort by price, free shipping but have always good results with number of ordered items. Try next time

1 Like

That’s where the amazon seller get it from: buy on AE for 1.- and resell on amazon for 10.- or 20.- the exact same product. Some buyers don’t know better, others don’t mind paying more for waiting a few days vs a month.

Use AE most for gimmicks. Many times you see an advertisment on one of your social media channels for a funny/interesting thingy for $50, and then I check it on AE for a 1/4 of that price.

Some examples for fun gimmick:
For walking the dog in the winter night (and any murder you meet will get instantly blind when you put the light on him):

Or this night lamp, which gives a Star Wars feeling to my kids (aka. Darth Vader) room:

1 Like

Is that thing even legal?

1 Like