3rd pillar : transfer (on VIAC), your strategy

Hi Mustachians,
Need your help to conclude !

I finally get all data to analyze my 3rd pillar situation.Currently, two contracts :
1 - An old contract with a surrend value from, from 2020 (12k) to 2056 (20k), without any payment additionnal per year
2 - A recent contract from 2020 (8k) to 2056 (249k), 6500 paid once a year, can be reduced to 100/y minimum

I analyse all possible options with these contracts :

Perf. ratio is Earnings(=capital-cotisations)/cotisations

Finally, the conclusion seems quite obvious…

• risk pays (classic)
  • Contrat 2 has to be reduced or stopped

1/ Is it your thoughts too ?

IF YES, I am focus on the “5 third pilar strategy, and VIAC seems to have the lead”

2/ According you :

• In this recession context, I think a secure strategy (mainly bonds) will be preferable for these 20k (all transfered on one VIAC account, and open 4 others). When markets will be lower, will it be possible to immediately switch the strategy to a mainly stocks one ?

3/ Is it logical to think that, by investing that way my third pillar (stocks, bonds with VIAC), I must reduce my investments on the broker where I am already invested on stocks (to keep an balanced portfolio).

Have a nice evening !

Consider all your investment, savings, 3a, pension fund accounts as one distributed portfolio. Once you summarize all your holdings and compare with the desired asset allocation, it will be clear what to do with these money.

2 Likes

I meant It would be not so obvious to invest this amount now with the current global context (even on a VT-like strategy). Better be in cash (better than bonds), then when markets will reduce a bit (bearish bias), change for equities

And at what point would you re-enter the market? Maybe it will be bearish for another 10 years, maybe it will rise as never before starting tomorrow, no one knows.

Time in the market > timing the market

2 Likes

Unbeatable argument, must agree :grinning:
What I mean may have sense in a risk management strategy (we talk more of one upcomig recession than economic and military peace)

A risk management strategy is individual, there’s no one size fits all solution. There are many parameters to consider such as time horizon, your risk appetite, your overall asset allocation, etc.

2 Likes

Indeed, you’re right :slight_smile:

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tax efficient portfolios