3rd pillar investment solution from VIAC [2023]

Anyone knows a way to have a standard viac portfolio (in my case 80) without Real Estate? It has been a drag on the portfolio and I think it will continue to be for a while.
I can copy the original without it, but I wonder if there are downsides.

1 Like

Yeah, you can choose your own strategy and pick for example 80% stocks and 20% cash.

Downside could be, that Real Estate suddenly performs much better. :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking about VIAC Deals : I just signed with Dextra for juridic protection through viac deals.
For the same price, the coverage is better compared to my actual insurance.

I’ve enquired about 3 topics with my Viac investment and got a response from the founder.

1. I want to invest without the 40% chf exposure that’s force me to invest in the msci world chf hedged etf which is not optimal due to forex conversion.

2. I wanted an etf more diversified reproducing MSCI ACWI IMI.
    Will it be possible to work on it in 2024 ?

3. I’d like to benchmark my investment with a Quality etf such as CSIF (CH) III Equity World ex CH Quality - Pension Fund DB
    https://finpension.ch/app/uploads/factsheets/CH0253609066_fact-sheet_en.pdf

If I understand well, if more Mustachians are interesting on having a Quality factor etf added to Viac 3rd pillar, they could request it to SUPPORT@viac.ch to bump it to the top of their wish list.

8 Likes

NASDAQ 100 isn‘t really a clearly distinguished „theme“ (neither geographically nor by sector).

Did anyone notice that VIAC pays dividends and then take it back, for example with Swisscanto US - IPF?
That ETF doesn’t have dividends in theory

Yes, Viac seems to pay out about a 0.5% dividend annually for CS US PF, even though it’s an accumulating fund, no idea the reason, maybe it’s the 15% wht refund that is paid out (with a delay), as by the time it’s refunded doesn’t belong to the current owners of the fund, but belongs to the owners of the fund 6M previously (or whenever the wht was withheld)?

At Viac, I’ve had payments made to me and then taken back, but this was due to errors, i.e. they paid me the dividends twice, then took back one of the two payments. Check for double payments, might explain your case too.

it’s the reimbursement of the Swiss withholding tax (accumulated income was subject to SWT)