2nd and 3rd pillar after leaving Switzerland

How / when?

Having it paid out while still being resident in Switzerland is kind of a grey area IMO.

Leaving Switzerland needs to be definitive. Ans the Federal Social Insurance Office recommends possible proofs to be provided for that - many of which would require establishing residence in the new country first. Whereas you can (or may have to!) deregister from your Swiss municipality of residence already when embarking on a monthslong holiday/round-the-world trip.

Thanks for the answer. I have to admit even after reading it several times, I was still not sure if I understood it correctly. Particularly now also with your answer as well as the ones from nabalzbhf and San_Francisco.
Maybe it is just my interpretation but I feel there are some uncertainties which may cause either a 5 to 8% capital tax withdrawal rate in Switzerland or high income tax rate if I stick to my example of Switzerland’s neighboring countries alone. While even with an e.g., 40% tax rate I can still see how 3a+IBKR outperforms IBKR alone I have the feeling emigrating to Germany would not automatically lead to a low tax.

HI Everyone,

Raising a question on this topic rather than creating a new one. After 9 years working and living in Switzerland, I am moving back to a EU country for a new job. My plan is to split my pillar 2 into 2 different fundations at Finpension. However I am wondering how to do DCA investment rather than having the full amount invested on day 1. Can funds be transferred first into “compte libre de passage” and be invested with DCA approach?

I did not find anything on this so far.

Thanks for the valuable input.

Can’t you use a custom strategy and change it over time?

1 Like

As far as I know you have 1% in cash. The rest in your equity / bond / commodity funds selection or in money market fund. You can then keep moving money gradually from money market fund to the funds of your choice.

1 Like