Wire from CH account to IB

Swissquote I can confirm 2 CHF, both for EUR and CHF (tried both currencies).
Will be deducted on leaving -> send 10’000, receive 9’998

EUR transfers are free with PostFinance to all SEPA countries.

The transfer would be in CHF. In most (all ?) banks, CHF wire are not SEPA

That’s correct. “E” in SEPA stands for Euro. For other currencies transfers would probably go via SWIFT

Thanks for the info. I will do my first transfer with Swissquote and maybe the next one with UBS depending on MrRip’s answer.

Hi Wapiti,

From PostFinance to IB UK, I used to select “shared cost” and paid between 6 to 10 CHF depending on the amount.
This was taken from the amount transferred.

EDIT: I have been charged 20 CHF + 2 CHF with the “our cost” method. I will revert back to the “shared cost” method for the next transfers

One day I tried to select “our cost” and was happy to see that PostFinance charged 2 CHF for the transfer.
The 2 CHF are taken from your account and the full amount transferred reaches IB UK.

Screenshot from e-finance giro page while preparing a transfer:

Fees that apply for international GIRO from PostFinance

It takes 1 or 2 business days to arrive at IB UK.

1 Like

OK. I never tried “OUR” with PostFinance, because they write about this 20 CHF “forfait” on their leaflet (general conditions).
So your experience confirm this.

I did a wire with Swissquote. 2 CHF as fee and the transfer has been executed on the same day that I placed the transfer

Selecting “all costs borne by beneficiary” :slight_smile:

It’s ZERO costs on me on either side. really.

That’s with UBS? I have to try that, last time they charged me 10CHF!

Check that they didn’t charge it at the end of the month. PF bills me fees at the end of month IIRC

I did a 15k CHF transfer from Interactive Brokers UK to PostFinance last week and the full amount was credited on my PostFinance account the same day.
So far I don’t see any commission on either side for the transfer.

A friend of mine with UBS tried a CHF transfer to IB. They charged him 5 CHF at the end of the month, “E-banking cross border payment”. Rip off.

@wapiti

Did you try to do the Raiffeisen transfer from a savings account, because their price-list suggest that it would cost 3CHF from a normal account and not 21CHF?

Page 3 of this:
https://www.raiffeisen.ch/content/dam/www/oberes-gaeu-aare/dienstleistungspreise/dienstleistungspreise_2017/Dienstleistungspreise_Privat_ab_01.01.2017.pdf
or page 2 of this:
https://www.raiffeisen.ch/content/dam/www/rch/pdf/e-banking/broschueren/de/Dienstleistungspreise-Anlegen-E-Banking-DE.pdf

Raiffeisen is one hell of a fragmented bank.

1 Like

As I and @Julianek found out selecting BEN with Raiffeisen leads to a free transfer to IB.
Also the transfer was really quick (executed at 05:14 notification from IB at 07:21)

@wapiti maybe you should look into this.

@chestwood96 Maybe fees are applied at the end of the month or some days later. Let’s just wat a little and see… :wink:

@wapiti I doubt it but I will report back in a month. I am more interested if @hedgehog s new method causes any delayed fees.

Was the full amount transfer to IB ?

Jep, 39k sent 39k arrived not a rappen missing. I was quite surprised myself after the transfer from saxo was quite expensive.

There still might be a charge at the end of the month or something tho, gotta wait and see.

1 Like

About a Month passed an I have not seen anything resembling fees on my account.

@wapiti Looks like it worked. It is also really fast, the notification from Raiffeisen about the transfer happening and the notification from IB arrive almost at the same time.

1 Like